An active, on-the-go family based in Hartford, CT is seeking a vibrant, warm, and experienced nanny to join them in caring for their 12, 11, and 2-year-old children!
This dynamic family loves to wake up each day and experience life! Whether going out for a run to see newly bloomed roses, visiting the farm and playing with baby goats, going to the museum, or out for a hike, they seek out learning experiences in their daily lives and will be excited to find a candidate who is eager to join in on their adventures. Their two eldest boys attend in-person school full-time, while their 2-year-old daughter plans to begin half-day preschool in the fall. One parent works outside of the home while the other, a classroom educator who is taking the upcoming year off, stays home and looks forward to adding a wonderful nanny as a partner and collaborator in caring for their toddler and growing adolescents. This family has had great experiences with nannies in their home, and they are excited to find an engaging nanny to contribute to the enrichment and growth of their children and to be an important piece of making their home thrive!
This position is ideal for an energetic, warm candidate who brings true dedication and commitment to their role. A candidate who is experienced being a role model and beam of support for pre-teen children, as well as possessing knowledge about the developmental milestones associated with the toddler and early-elementary stages will thrive in this role for years to come. Confidence in helping charges navigate big emotions and proven tools to help focus and redirect that energy will be valued by the family, and any formal training or applicable life experience in supporting children with ADD/ADHD or behavioral differences are welcome. An excitement to step into family assisting tasks like grocery shopping, general organizing and tidying of children’s spaces, schedule management, and healthy meal prep for the children will be important, as well as instilling a sense of independence and responsibility for the children to manage their household chores. A candidate who is an active, creative team player who is ready to get outside and play will fit right in with this family and their fun-loving charges!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45 hours/week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays between 7:30am and 6:30pm. A candidate who is open to working 3-4 mornings/week (e.g. 7:30-4:40) and 1-2 evenings will be appreciated. Candidates can anticipate a shorter day on Fridays with some regularity. Flexibility for additional evenings and weekends as needed will be appreciated!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30+/hr. The family is happy to discuss additional benefits including a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, museum and gym memberships, and PTO based on candidate need.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this position and a vehicle will be provided for both on-duty and personal use (if required).
- Engage in day-to-day activities with a curious toddler and be a confident role model to growing adolescents
- Engage the children in creative, educational outings and at-home activities, including but not limited to farm visits, museum exploration, homework assistance, and more
- Support the family in areas such as scheduling, errands, organizing the children’s areas, and instilling a sense of independence and responsibility for the children to manage their own household chores
- Cook and prepare basic, healthy meals following the family’s Kosher diet (which they are happy to train on!)
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to assist with common household tasks and errands
- Experience working with children with learning differences such as ADD/ADHD and the ability to offer positive support when navigating challenges
- Warm, friendly, positive demeanor
- Hardworking and organized with a pitch-in spirit
- Brings creative, engaging, and outdoorsy energy to the role
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!