A heart-filled, relaxed, professional parent in Oakland, CA is seeking an enthusiastic, newborn-savvy, and proactive live-in nanny to help care for his soon-to-be newborn arriving in August 2020!
This first-time father is overjoyed to meet his newborn and embark on the journey of parenthood. As an organized, thoughtful, on-the-go professional, this parent has been lovingly preparing for the baby’s arrival and is thrilled to welcome a nanny with a genuine passion and warmth for infant and early childhood care. As an active member of the community, this parent finds joy in running his own business, working mostly from home for the time being. A collaborative and confident nanny who can take the reins throughout the day supporting the baby’s feeding and sleeping routines established by the family’s newborn care specialist will be greatly appreciated. From the beginning of the position, the nanny will be an integral piece of the family’s support system, assisting with vegan meal preparation, grocery shopping, and light tidying of common areas among other tasks. This family is prioritizing candidates with a proactive, team-oriented, and loving approach to their evolving role; and can’t wait to set off on the journey!
The ideal candidate for this family will be organized, efficient, and creative. A candidate with extensive experience caring for newborns and infants with a passion for sharing their expertise will thrive in this role. Besides family assisting tasks, the nanny will be responsible for general care of the baby including feeding, bathing, changing, and any other related duties. Having strong time management, communication, and energy will pair perfectly with maintaining morning and evening routines, and keeping the father up-to-speed daily. The family is researching RIE and other progressive learning approaches, so a nanny with open-mindedness and/or experience with alternative learning methods will make for a great fit. The parent is vegan and has simple meal kits delivered, and appreciates a nanny who will be conscious of this lifestyle as they prepare meals and snacks as the child grows.
This is a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 40 hours per week. The general schedule will be laid out in congruence with the NCS the family is hiring, as well as the family’s evolving work schedule given the current circumstances. The family is offering $30-$35 per hour and a benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as PTO. The family is offering separate, on-site accommodations with a private entrance and brand new amenities including a kitchenette and en suite bathroom. Driving is required for this role as well as a reliable vehicle; the family is open to contributing to vehicle insurance for the perfect candidate. The position will begin in early August 2020.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Basic childcare duties including but not limited to: bathing, feeding, dressing, napping, morning, afternoon, and bedtime routines, scheduling, meal prep, coordination of appointments, and errand-running
- Maintain open communication with the parent
- Implement newborn expertise to day-to-day activities
- Act as a supportive pillar to feeding and sleeping routines established by NCS, as well as other developmental stages
- Contribute a proactive, loving, confident approach to position
- Newborn and infant experience
- Driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a safe, reliable vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience/familiarity with RIE or other progressive philosophies is a big plus!
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Genuine passion and interest in early development and childcare