A creative and supportive family of four is seeking a kind, patient, nurturing, and consistent nanny with a can-do attitude to join their collaborative happy household in Palo Alto, CA. This special someone will be caring for their 4-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy and working alongside the family as a team to help their household thrive for years to come.
The family’s household is creative and joyful, and they have worked hard to create an environment for their children that is nurturing, stimulating, and encourages them to explore their interests. Their two children are very curious and fun-loving and enjoy arts and crafts, singing, and learning. Along with a positive outlook, the family also values consistency and communication in order to maintain a healthy and stable home. They hope to find a candidate with a team-spirit who can implement this loving and supportive environment along with them.
The ideal candidate for this position will feel just as happy and creative as this home does! Someone who is energetic and excited to explore and implement creative ways to learn and play with their children will fit in perfectly. While assisting with tutoring and homework may be important, the family is much more passionate about finding someone who can enrich their children’s social, emotional, and character development as they grow into their unique, individual selves. They both partake in many activities so a big part of this role will be maintaining their schedules, transporting them to and fro, and supporting them in their endeavors!
As a bustling household, the family also hopes to find a candidate who enjoys being organized and detail-oriented and can chip in with the mechanics of the home so the family has more time to devote to quality time with each other. This may include tidying up the kitchen, running errands, light meal prep for the children, and assisting the family when they are entertaining guests and their children. The family also loves the outdoors and love to travel! They are hoping that their future nanny will be excited to accompany them on several trips throughout the year as well as providing primary care on other occasions when the family is away.
This is a full-time live-out position with a 5 day/week schedule with some weekend coverage requested. The family is hoping to find a candidate who is open to 50+ hours/week and looks forward to negotiating a schedule that best works for everyone. The family is offering $30-$35/hour with room to grow as well as a healthcare and phone stipend, generous paid time off, and sick leave. A nanny vehicle will be provided when on duty. They are hoping to find the perfect person to join their family as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. They are happy to consider relocation candidates at this time.
- Basic childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, morning and bedtime routines
- Engaging the children in creative, educational, and nurturing activities
- Encourage independent and imaginative play
- Assist in keeping the home neat and tidy and with the family’s laundry
- Manage school pick ups and drop offs
- Plan creative and educational activities and outings
- Travel domestically and abroad
- Prepare healthy, well-balanced meals, using fresh ingredients
- Experience with toddlers and early elementary students, and an interested in learning about early childhood education and different developmental milestones
- Proactive and excited to join the family as a team member to collaborate with parents, teachers, and other nannies
- Happy, flexible, creative, silly, joyful, honest, organized and neat, worldly, responsible, most importantly devoted to the kids
- The ability to read a room and situation and respond accordingly
- Excellent communication skills with a value on open communication
- Experience with multiple kids
- Loves the outdoors and enjoys physical activities
- Models a healthy lifestyle by making positive food and lifestyle choices
- A current passport
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher