A bustling family based on the Upper East Side is seeking a proactive and loving nanny to care for and be a role model for their bright and active daughters, aged 9 and 12 years old!
As a family who is always on-the-go, they have lovingly put together a reliable, positive, and collaborative staff that works with care to keep their home running smoothly. Their two girls enjoy multiple activities and are very active and creatively-minded. They are hoping for a nanny who is a team player and can be both a beam of support for their family and a positive influence for their girls.
The ideal candidate for this position will be flexible, patient, creative, and have a pitch-in attitude. Someone who is excited and familiar with early childhood education will be highly valued, as the family hopes their nanny can provide homework assistance as well as create educationally enriching activities to partake in. As their girls begin to grow into their individuality, their parents’ number one priority is to find a nanny who can be a supportive, friendly, and nurturing role model. Being a home with many moving parts, a collaborative mindset and good communication skills will be essential in working alongside the parents and their wonderful staff. Someone who can lend a helping hand wherever necessary will be a valued asset to this family, such as assisting with meal prep, projects after the girls have gone to sleep, and running occasional errands.
This is a full-time, live-out position with schedule generally falling on Mondays through Fridays from 2pm to 10pm, with 40 hours guaranteed weekly. Flexibility to provide coverage during occasional weekends and when the family travels will be greatly appreciated. The family is offering $35-$40/hour, as well as a Metro Card and generous paid time off. They hope to find the perfect candidate to join their family as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. Candidates who live within a commutable distance to the Upper East Side and have experience working as a nanny in New York City will be prioritized at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for two girls ages nine and twelve years old
- Transport children to and from school and activities
- Plan enriching outings and activities beyond basic care
- Provide homework and academic support, collaborating with parents, teachers, tutors and the children to make sure educational milestones are being met
- Provide household management assistance with tasks including grocery shopping, general errands, and organization
- Light cooking and tidying
- At least two years of professional childcare experience
- Experience working with children in New York City
- A flexible and professional demeanor
- Knowledge of early childhood education and experienced supporting children academically
- Active and passionate about living a healthy lifestyle
- Excellent communication skills, judgment and a self-starter attitude are required for the role!