An adventurous, loving family based in Palo Alto, CA is seeking a travel-ready, energetic, and flexible on-call and travel nanny/assistant who is excited and able to travel around the world!
With two growing and curious children, aged 4.5 and 1.5 years old, this family enjoys embarking on adventures and spending time outdoors. They especially love to visit their roots in Thailand and instill a love for the world and other cultures in their children. Having the flexibility and availability to travel for long periods of time will be essential! They are hopeful to find a candidate who can be a safe, fun-filled nanny to their children while traveling, and who can pitch in with both childcare and assistant tasks while they’re at home. The family enjoys their community and is seeking a nanny who is welcoming and willing to extend their childcare on occasional date nights within their tight-knit family friends.
This is an on-call and travel nanny/assistant position. While home, the family is offering 24 guaranteed hours per week, which generally fall on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. While traveling, the family is offering 12 guaranteed hours per day with accommodations provided. Their generous compensation and benefits package includes $30-$35/hour, with guaranteed annual earnings of $80,000 minimum (and potential to earn more), in addition to fully paid healthcare, dental, and vision coverage, 401k plan with 4% match, and a $10,000 relocation reimbursement. They hope to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and are local to California, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are able to travel for extended periods of time. This family will be prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Provide childcare during domestic and international travel
- Assist with traveling duties, like packing/unpacking, carrying luggage, transportation, and other travel related assistance
- Plan outings and engage the children in creative, educational, and nurturing activities during travel
- Be available for on-call and evening care while at home
- Assist with household errands and management one day weekly
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid US passport
- Excitement, eagerness, willingness, and flexibility to travel with the family multiple times per year and provide childcare during travel
- Experience as a travel nanny
- Adaptable and travel savvy
- Ability to travel for long periods of time
- Organized and able to multi-task household assistant duties
- Knowledge of Thai language would be a huge plus!