An adventurous, fun-loving, and on-the-go family in Napa Valley is seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, and loving live-in nanny to join them on their beautiful vineyard/ranch!
Located about 10 minutes away from the town of St. Helena, this family of athletic outdoor enthusiasts lives on a large ranch and enjoys spending their time managing the vineyard, caring for a few farm animals, and entertaining both family and friends! They deeply value coming together as a family for meals and sharing in local, nutritious, and seasonal foods, both with one another and when hosting local events. Their 4-year-old boy attends a Montessori school, loves exploring the outdoors, and is imaginative, creative, and highly energetic, while their 8-month-old is just discovering his independence! This welcoming family enjoys being active and sociable and investing in their time with one another, from paddleboarding on their private lake, to camping, to hosting black tie dinner events. They also enjoy traveling when possible and visit family in both England and France every year and spend part of their winters skiing in Colorado!
Experience and passion for the great outdoors and sports such as cycling, skiing, horseback riding and swimming would be of great value to this family. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative and engaging with hands-on, enriching activities for the children throughout the day. Located in beautiful Napa Valley, this position is perfect for a candidate who would be comfortable in a rural setting, working alongside various farm animals (and the family’s standard poodle), and is passionate about great food! There’s an “it takes a village” atmosphere in this home, so there are endless opportunities for various assisting projects throughout the day to day. This may include pitching in around the ranch, helping to turn over the guest house, assisting with event preparation, and more. The family believes in teaching their children to contribute to the household, so partaking in and encouraging the children to be a part of light cooking, tidying, and more, will be a valued piece of this role. A candidate who is flexible, caring, proactive, and collaborative will feel at home in this position for years to come.
This is a full-time, live-in position of 30-40 hours/week offering 40 guaranteed hours per week. Accommodations include a private guest cottage with 2 bedrooms (the 2nd bedroom has a separate entrance that will occasionally be used for guests), that can be lived in full-time or only while on duty depending on the candidate’s preferences. The general schedule will be communicated 2 weeks in advance, typically from 10am-6pm with one evening per week and 2 consecutive days off. The family is offering $30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as PTO. They hope to find the perfect candidate by mid-September 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Interact confidently and creatively with active and curious children
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way toward children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule, be an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Pitch-in with the overall tidiness of the home and encourage children to do the same!
- Occasional meal prep (involving the children when appropriate!)
- Various household assisting tasks around the ranch including feeding farm animals, helping turn over the guest house, event preparation, and more
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Communicative and collaborative
- A proactive, pitch-in, all-hands-on-deck spirit
- Comfortable in a rural setting and around farm animals
- Able to travel occasionally with the family throughout the year
- A love for the outdoors and great food!
- Love of animals and dog-friendly!