A friendly and professional family of four is seeking a proactive, kind, and organized nanny/family assistant to care for their 2-year-old and newborn as they settle into their new home in the Bay Area!
Originally from NYC, this relaxed, active, and loving family will be beginning a new adventure in their new home base of Menlo Park, CA in December. They just welcomed their newborn boy to their home over the summer! His 2-year-old sister enjoys exploring, arts and crafts, and partakes in enriching activities and will be enrolling in preschool during the weekdays once settled in CA. Mom is hands-on and excited to partner with their future caregiver in implementing nurturing structures and routines for their children.
The ideal candidate for this position will be intuitive, confident, adaptable, and will bring an even-keeled atmosphere to the home! The family hopes to find a candidate who can strike a healthy balance between managing family assistant tasks and caring for and engaging with the children. As young parents, they are excited to collaborate with their nanny on child-rearing approaches and tag-teaming the day to day so they can maximize their family time. A candidate who is familiar with all the Bay Area has to offer and finding enriching classes and activities for their children to enroll in will be valued! Responsibilities include being an engaging, developmentally-minded caregiver, accompanying their 2-year-old to her classes and activities, as well as pitching in with household organizational projects, errands, children’s laundry, and light meal prep. The family travels about 2-4 weeks annually and hopes their future nanny will have the flexibility to join them on occasion!
This is a live-out position of 30-40 hours per week, and the family is happy to guarantee 40 hours weekly for the right candidate! The general schedule will be Monday through Friday, with a start time between 8am and 10am. The family has scheduling flexibility and is focused on finding the right person to join their team; they look forward to setting a routine schedule that works well for everyone! They are offering $35/hour as well as a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k contributions, PTO, and sick days. The position will ideally begin at the beginning of January once the family is settled in CA!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. The family will be prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Manage schedules and transport children to activities, classes, appointments, play dates, etc.
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the children
- Engage children in creative, age-appropriate, educational activities
- Collaborate with parents to implement structures and routines for the children
- Various family assisting projects including errands, children’s laundry, meal prep, organizing, and tidying
- Travel on occasion with the family as needed
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experienced and confident working with newborns
- Foreign language knowledge a huge plus!
- Proactive and intuitive – able to balance childcare and household duties
- A calm, even-keeled approach
- Step in and step out intuition