A private family based in the Denver, Colorado area is seeking an organized, motivated, and collaborative candidate to join their team as household services manager.
The household services manager will be joining an evolving household, working closely with their facilities manager and principal of the home as well as the family. They will be responsible for both household management and personal assistant tasks, which will include providing and ensuring high levels of service in regard to housekeeping, child development, meal preparation, entertaining, laundry and wardrobe management, running errands, inventory, and other general administration duties. A candidate who is hands-on and works well as both a team member and a project leader will be a huge asset to this home.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in household management, particularly with managing multiple properties, as well as a desire to work with a family with school-aged children. As a hybrid household manager and personal assistant, they will be serving as a gatekeeper and liaison to the family. Having a logical approach to successfully see projects full to completion, coordinate with vendors and household staff, and streamline workstreams throughout the home will be a key element in this role. As the family has multiple properties, having the flexibility to travel to these other properties to support their household team as needed will also be appreciated.
This is a full-time position in the Denver, Colorado area. The family is offering competitive annual compensation that is commensurate with experience, as well as generous paid time off, health insurance, and 401k contributions. They hope to find someone to join their team as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Magnolia Agency candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess the prerequisite experience. The family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this role. Thorough background and reference checks will be conducted for this position.
- Office and administrative tasks as needed including but not limited to: inbox management and correspondence, calendar management and scheduling, travel coordination, event planning, budget creation, and managing/tracking of expenses and bills.
- Direct supervision of other household staff including child caregivers, elder caregivers, housekeeping staff, personal assistants and other vendors as may be required.
- Assist with meal planning and preparation as needed.
- Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly task lists and feedback on Facilities Manager maintenance schedules.
- In partnership with the facilities manager, identify long-term professional property management resources for remote properties. Initiate and monitor work orders for maintenance staff.
- Manage household supplies and inventory and coordinate errands as assigned.
- Demonstrate poise, grace, diplomacy and the utmost professionalism in representing the family to vendors and service providers.
- Work together with facilities manager, accounting office, and other key members of the family’s team to ensure clear and consistent information is being received across all parties.
- Flexibility to be available outside of normal business hours to support the family and staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of five plus years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a strong command of the English language.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining the confidentiality, safety, security, and privacy of a private employer.
- Five or more years managing multiple direct reports within a high-service, action-oriented environment with high levels of accountability. Experience in private service required.
- Experience overseeing other household staff including child caregivers, elder caregivers, housekeeping staff, personal assistants and other vendors.
- Travel and event planning experience required.
- Valid US passport and current driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader, and as a team member interchangeably with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through. Be a creative, conscientious problem solver who understands their role as a representative for the family.
- Must be a critical thinker with the ability to exercise judgment, set priorities and cope with competing demands. Must possess excellent time management and general organization skills.
- Ability to work closely with family members, employees, and vendors and promote a productive and congenial environment.
- Ability to accommodate a non-traditional work schedule and remain flexible to meet the family’s needs.
- Possess a hands-on “no job too big or too small” attitude and have a strong moral compass and a sense of personal integrity.