A bustling, multicultural family based just outside of NYC in Fort Lee, NJ is seeking an energetic, organized, and educationally-minded live-in nanny to care for their 2-year-old boy!
This trilingual family speaks English, Mandarin, and Korean in their home and deeply value their Chinese and Korean roots. Their toddler is energetic and sweet, and the family looks forward to introducing an activity-centric, educationally-minded environment to his day-to-day routine. They are taking COVID-19 precautions seriously and are seeking a live-in, toddler-savvy candidate who can be an extra set of hands for the home and an enriching nanny for their son!
This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys wearing multiple hats and immersing themselves in their time working alongside children. A candidate who can turn the day-to-day into a fun-filled, educational, and calm environment for their growing son and who has a deep knowledge of developmental milestones will thrive in this role. Though not required, the family would strongly prefer to work with a candidate who has knowledge of the Mandarin or Korean languages, and who has an appreciation and respect for Asian culture and values as they pertain to the household dynamic, child-rearing, and culinary customs. Preparing meals for the child will be important, and lending a helping, organized hand around the home will be greatly appreciated, helping to maintain the overall tidiness of the child’s environment! Collaboration and the ability to step in and out throughout the work day is required, as the parents like to be hands-on as their schedules allow.
This is a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 60 hours per week with working hours falling between 7:30am to 8pm, with breaks throughout the day. Flexibility to provide weekend coverage is required with advanced notice, and the schedule will include 2 consecutive days off per week whenever possible. Live-in accommodations include a separate room in the family’s home. The family is offering $85-90k/year, in addition to health, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, and a museum membership. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and have experience working with toddlers. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Assist with morning, daytime, and evening routines
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Interact confidently and educationally with active and growing child
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the child
- Prepare healthy, fresh meals for the child
- Pitch in with various household tasks such as tidying and organization
- Travel with the family as needed
- 3+ years of professional, full-time experience
- Driver’s license preferred
- Experience working with toddlers and deep familiarity with developmental milestones
- Energetic and educationally-minded
- Organized and tidy
- Comfortability preparing meals for the child
- Fluency in English required, knowledge or understanding of Mandarin and/or Korean language a huge plus
- Knowledge and/or appreciation for cultural norms as they pertain to household dynamics, child-rearing, and culinary customs