A warm and heart-filled Brooklyn-based family is seeking a playful, caring, and organized nanny to care for their 2.5-year-old daughter and baby boy due this January!
This friendly Greenpoint family is excited to welcome their newest addition in January 2022. As dual-career parents in creative fields, they spend time working both in and out of the home, and look forward to building a partnership with their new nanny. This trilingual family speaks English, Spanish, and Portuguese fluently and are excited to teach their children all three languages. Their soon-to-be big sister is described by her parents as being curious, playful, and creative. She’s constantly observing the world around her; she finds animals in everything, everywhere she goes! Outside of attending Montessori preschool 5 days/week, she loves to make silly rhymes, explore nearby parks, and enjoys every bit of new independence that she conquers. With the baby arriving in January, they will look to their nanny to be a beam of support as they transition into their new dynamic by focusing primarily on their toddler. The family is hopeful to hire someone who is not afraid to sing, dance, and play, who can also create a structured environment and model good boundaries.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is proactive, energetic, playful and organized. A nanny who is excited to follow a child-led approach and create a nurturing environment for the children to grow and thrive will be a natural fit in this home! Someone who can go with the flow and is excited to be a teammate with loving, involved parents is key. Experience with the newborn through toddler stages is important for this position, as well as a willingness to pitch-in around the house to keep things tidy and running smoothly including occasional errands, children’s laundry, and cooking healthy, simple, vegetarian meals for the children (and if open, the whole family!). This family values structure alongside creativity and play; a candidate who can balance the two seamlessly will grow with the family for years to come! Speaking Spanish and/or Portuguese is a huge bonus in this family’s worldly and trilingual household, though not a requirement for the role.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-45 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12pm to 7pm and on Tuesday and Thursday from 10am to 7pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends and occasional travel will be asked in advance and appreciated!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $1400-1600+/wk in addition to benefits including a health insurance stipend, PTO, and MetroCard. This totals an annualized compensation package in the $75-90+k/year range depending on experience.
- Start Date: As soon as they find the right fit!
- Other Notes: As this family has a cat, the candidate must be cat-friendly!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child/children
- Basic childcare duties including but not limited to: bathing, feeding, dressing, napping, morning, afternoon, and bedtime routines, scheduling, providing transportation to school and activities, homework help, meal prep, coordination of appointments and playdates
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way towards children when setting boundaries and expectations
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones. Big plus for things that engage body and mind!
- Cook and prepare basic vegetarian meals for the family
- Assist with child-related housekeeping duties and pitch-in to the overall tidiness of the family environment
- Provide household management assistance with task including grocery shopping, general errands, organization, and scheduling while out and about
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Open to occasional pet care when the family travels
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience, especially caring for toddlers
- Experience creating structure, discipline and schedule in a warm and caring way
- A kind calm, and patient demeanor
- Bright, driven, and confident interacting with the family and anticipating their needs
- Comfortable with healthy meal prep
- Residing within a commutable distance of Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- Engaging and active with a true passion for caring for children
- Candidates who speak Spanish or Portuguese will be given preference
- Cat friendly!
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid passport. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!