A joyous, social, and bustling family of four in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn are seeking an energetic, collaborative, and confident nanny to care for their toddler and 7-month-old! As a warm-hearted and professional family they are eager to find a kind, calm and organized nanny to support their dynamic home.
This family puts love and pride into maintaining an active, curious and supportive household. The parents have bustling professional lives and work hard to provide nurturing, creative, and engaging day-to-day routines for their children. Their son who is almost 3 is extroverted and inquisitive. He loves diving into many interests including cooking, reading, music, arts & crafts, and learning about animals among others! He loves outdoor adventures as well as spending time at home with his baby brother. During the week he attends pre-school full-time from 9am-4pm. His 7-month-old brother is a happy and joyful 7-month-old baby who thrives on his consistent meal and nap schedule. The family looks forward to finding a candidate to offer infant expertise and collaboration with the parents on developmental opportunities to support their baby’s milestones.
The ideal candidate will bring their infant and toddler experience as well as a passion for early childhood development into the home, stepping into the role with autonomy, a playful energy, calm confidence, and ease, as well as comfort to transport children on public transportation occasionally when needed, and navigate their walkable neighborhood. Much of the nanny’s attention will be focused on their 7-month-old’s care as well as researching and engaging in local community events such as playdates, museums, park outings, and other opportunities to expand the children’s worlds. The parents are passionate about a nanny who will be proactive in finding those small and big moments for their boys to play and learn in their local community with other children, keeping the environment screen-free. Other child-related tasks will include children’s laundry and light tidying of their environment, and healthy + balanced meal prep. A nanny with strong communication, reliability, and a helpful spirit will thrive in this role.
This is a full-time, live-out position with 52.5 hours guaranteed per week and the general scheduling falling Mondays through Fridays, from 8:30am to 7:00pm. The family is offering $1450-1550/gross per week, plus a healthcare reimbursement stipend, and paid time off.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, are within a commutable distance to Clinton Hill. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Maintain open communication, reliability and professionalism
- Bring newborn and toddler expertise as well as a passion for early childhood development into day-to-day activities and routines
- Support the family’s schedule by overseeing school pick-ups, afterschool playtime, healthy and balanced meal prep, and bathtime
- Contribute a playful, curious, and engaging spirit to activities with the children
- Research and engage in local developmental opportunities including community events, park outings, playdates, and museums
- Strong newborn experience, as most full days will be spent with baby, and a passion for early childhood development
- Strong communication skills, a collaborative spirit, and reliability to support the family’s philosophies
- Calm and confident demeanor that can step into role with autonomy and ease from the start
- Be proactive and stay open to the small and big moments for opportunities of growth avoiding screens while working
- Offer solutions and expertise with a harmonious and joyful approach carrying a team spirit