A tight-knit, energetic family in Manhattan is seeking a collaborative, organized, and upbeat nanny to join their team in caring for their four elementary through middle school-aged children, living-in 3 evenings per week!
This family has a communicative and cooperative environment within their fully-staffed home, and these parents are passionate about being an active part of their team to ensure their children are well cared for, and each member is supported, valuing each individual, many of whom have been working with their family for several years! Their children are engaging, active, and desire to have a respectful and close bond. They attend school full-time and are very self-sufficient when it comes to school responsibilities, but will need positive reinforcement to keep belongings and schedules organized in an age-appropriate way. The family has lots of interests, from swimming and surfing, to ice hockey and skiing while traveling. They are eager to add a full-time weekday nanny to their team to join them in the city, and occasionally while traveling both domestically and internationally.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an outgoing spirit and hands-on mentality! They are seeking a nanny to tag-team the day-to-day both with parents and their co-nanny to ensure their children are supported and thriving in their daily routines. Responsibilities will include assisting with breakfast and meal preparation while encouraging healthy eating habits, transporting children to and from school and activities in the mornings and evenings, and managing the children’s schedules, as well as pitching in to the overall tidiness of the environment. Being pet-friendly will be important when working in this home, as is driving and swimming!
This is a long-term, full-time position with the following schedule and corresponding overnights: Mondays from 2-9pm and 24 hours/day beginning 2pm on Tuesdays and ending 2pm on Fridays, living in these three nights. Candidates must be willing and able to provide coverage one weekend per month (Friday-Monday) to swap with the weekend nanny; the corresponding weekdays would be provided off on those weeks. Appropriate breaks will be offered on all 24/7 shifts. Private and separate nanny accommodations will be provided both at the family’s primary residence in NYC as well as at their weekend residence just outside of the city for all overnight shifts. The family is offering guaranteed hours and an annualized earning of $70-90k/year depending on experience and ability to provide glowing recent references. The family is also happy to offer discretionary bonus opportunities, as well as a generous benefits package including full health, dental, and vision insurance, sick days, PTO, and matching 401k contributions. Driving, typically outside of the city, will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. Start date for this position: as soon as they find the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family will be prioritizing candidates who live within a commutable distance to Manhattan at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children as they age
- Transportation to and from school and activities
- Assist with meal preparation, encouraging healthy eating habits and balanced meals
- Be active and engaged with the children when they are in your care before and after school
- Manage the children’s schedule and routine
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the home
- Collaborate + communicate with parents, co-nanny, and staff to ensure continuity of care
- Light pet care; pitching in when they are in a pinch
- A valid passport
- A valid driver’s license and comfortability navigating city driving
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Ability to swap schedules with the weekend nanny, working one weekend per month
- Experience working in a fully staffed home and traveling with a family preferred
- A collaborative, outgoing, and pitch-in spirit
- A positive + patient attitude
- A self-starting mindset
- Pet-friendly! Small dog and other animals in the home
- A strong swimmer in the ocean and pool when traveling