A warm, adventurous family based in Palo Alto is seeking an outdoorsy, proactive, and engaging private educator for their two children, aged 5 and 2 years old (turning 6 and 3 in the fall)!
This large, bustling family and team values community and kindness above all else in their home. They love spending as much time outdoors as possible, especially going on excursions and camping. Their 5-year-old is in kindergarten and their 2-year-old will be in preschool. They look forward to welcoming a team-oriented and adventurous private educator to guide their children through the next school year!
This position is ideal for a candidate who has an adventurous spirit and loves the outdoors just as much as the family does. They would love to find an educator with outdoor education experience who can incorporate field trips and earth education into the children’s curriculum. Experience working with preschool and kindergarten-aged students is key, as well as a deep sense of awareness and empathy in an educational approach. Developing lesson plans and collaborating with parents and the nannies also working in the household to ensure educational milestones are being met will be at the heart of this role. A candidate who would enjoy assisting with general childcare while emphasizing educational opportunities (such as encouraging the children to wash hands, help with making lunch, and tidying up) will be valued in this position.
This is a full-time, live-out position guaranteeing 40 hours/week, and the family is happy to discuss an ideal schedule that works best for all parties. They are offering $35-$40/hour in addition to benefits including biannual discretionary bonuses, health, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, and matching 401k contributions. A housing stipend and relocation assistance are negotiable for a candidate who is relocating for the position. The family looks forward to bringing their private educator in for the 2020-2021 school year!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Guide children through core subjects including math, reading, and writing for the kindergartener and early child development appropriate education for the preschooler
- Develop a schedule for each child to be approved by the parents in advance
- Develop lesson plans for the preschooler that can also be taught by a family member or nanny if needed
- Design and implement an educational experience that complements and adds to the one they are receiving at school
- In the case that there is a shelter in place, oversee their education at home in coordination with the resources that the school provides
- Research and coordinate extracurricular activities and specialized guest tutors
- Research, identify, and implement the best materials both online and offline to teach the children
- Research, develop, and implement a social/emotional learning curriculum that is age-appropriate for each child
- Plan and carry out field trips and educational adventures with children and their friends
- Document and communicate the children’s progress to the parents
- Coordinate and accompany children to play dates and extra-curricular classes
- Travel with family on occasion
- Ability to pass an in-depth background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with children in an educational or school environment
- Comfortable self-managing and taking direct feedback
- Flexibility to shelter in or travel with family when needed
- A passion for learning and teaching
- A true sense of adventure and love for the outdoors