A thoughtful, active family based in Brooklyn, NY is seeking a flexible, patient, and educationally-minded nanny to care for their 5.5-year-old twin boys!
Currently in Carroll Gardens and soon to move to Kensington towards the end of the year, this loving Brooklyn family deeply values treating their boys as individuals and fostering their creativity. They describe themselves as a progressive family who is working hard to instill values of inclusion, cultural awareness, and diversity in their home. Their boys will be attending hybrid school (half remote/half in-person) once NYC public schools open. They are energetic and love engaging activities such as crafts, cooking, and sports, and both receive special needs-related services such as OT and PT, now remotely. Both parents will be working from home for the foreseeable future. They are eager to find a proactive nanny who can support and oversee their children’s distance learning, cultivate an enriching environment, and support the household as needed!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is adaptable, educationally-minded, and considers themselves a problem solver! A go-with-the-flow with a pitch-in mentality will be valued, as the family’s schedule and routines can vary from day to day, especially in this COVID world. Depending on the children’s school schedule, the bulk of responsibilities may shift between supporting the children’s distance learning, taking the children to activities outside the home like soccer practice, and supporting the household with family assisting tasks (if/when the children return to in-person school). Overall, flexibility will be key! Various household tasks may include assisting with laundry, organizing, tidying, managing additional support persons, and healthy meal prep like prepping dinner from a meal-delivery service as needed. Other important qualities include confidence supporting the children’s distance learning, experience supporting children with various learning differences such as ADD/ADHD, and an all-hands-on-deck spirit!
This is a full-time, live-out position guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general scheduling falling on Mondays through Fridays with hours between 8am to 6pm. Flexibility to adjust to schedule changes and provide evening coverage will be valued. The family is offering $1200-1320/wk for 40 hours, plus applicable overtime when necessary, and are open to discussing additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare, PTO, and a public transportation pass. Driving is not a requirement for this role. The family hopes to have their nanny in place as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and live within a commutable distance to Brooklyn. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Support a varying daily routine
- Oversee the children’s virtual learning as well as any virtual OT, PT, or counseling appointments (tech-savviness to set up classes will be important)
- Get creative with planning enriching activities beyond basic care that incorporate the children’s interests
- Implement a patient and understanding approach when working with various learning differences
- Pitch in with various household tasks such as laundry, organizing, tidying, and managing 3rd party vendors
- Prepare healthy, simple meals, such as prepping dinners from a meal delivery service
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Currently live within a commutable distance of Brooklyn
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience with and an understanding, patient approach when working with various learning differences such as ADD/ADHD
- Background in education/tutoring is a huge plus
- Flexible and adaptable to adjust to varying daily routines and schedule changes (mostly in part to the children’s school children)
- Willingness to pitch in with household support tasks
- Comfortable taking children to and from activities outside the home when needed
- Proactive and energetic with a team spirit