A joyful, on-the-go family that splits their time between Los Angeles and New York City is seeking a positive, developmentally-minded, and self-starting nanny for their 2.5-year-old and 8-month-old children!
This dynamic, bi-coastal family and their two golden retrievers considers life to be one big adventure; they travel often for both work and pleasure, primarily to between Los Angeles and NYC. Currently residing in Manhattan, they look forward to heading to Los Angeles by February 2021 and keeping it as their home base for the foreseeable future. Their two young children are both very outgoing and perceptive, and love to engage with others! The family has connected with the play-based, child-led learning philosophies akin to Waldorf and RIE, and value positive discipline approaches and minimal screen time as well. They are seeking a knowledgeable nanny who they can lean on for expertise, knowledge, and creativity when it comes to fostering a space of development and fun-filled enriching activities for their children to grow and thrive.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about the early learning stages of infants and toddlers and are skilled at incorporating creative, educational spaces for teaching and fun activities! The family hopes to work with a candidate who has a warm and positive spirit and can bring their experience and can-do attitude to the day-to-day. A background in early childhood education will be a big plus! As the family will travel often to NYC and beyond, flexibility in schedule will be appreciated, along with the ability to adapt the day-to-day routine to the travel itinerary. Additionally, the family would be thrilled to work with a nanny with knowledge of Spanish, though this is not a requirement. A candidate with a pitch-in spirit who can provide healthy meals for the children, conduct child-related household tasks such as tidying and laundry, and provide light pet care as needed will be valued in this home for years to come.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50+ hours per week. The candidate can expect to work 10-12 hours per day and 5+ day per week. The typical work schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 8:30am to 6:30pm. Additional hours, days, overnights, and extended travel to be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-Out: Live-out while at home base in Los Angeles, with accommodations provided during travel.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35+/hour depending on experience. The family is open to discussing and offering additional benefits including assistance with healthcare and relocation, PTO, and sick days depending on candidate need.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role. The family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this role, though candidates who are already local to Los Angeles will be prioritized.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Support morning, afternoon, and evening routines and provide stability both while at home and while traveling
- Provide age-appropriate developmentally-minded activities and opportunities for young children, with an emphasis on no screen time
- Create an educational space for fostering a love of learning and growth
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care and utilize positive discipline approaches
- Child-related household tasks including meal prep, laundry, and tidying
- Light pet care as needed
- Travel with the family frequently throughout the year as it is safe to do so
- Commitment to keeping a screen-free environment for the children
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Proven experience with infant, toddler, and early-elementary stages and familiarity with developmental milestones
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Background in early childhood education is a huge plus
- Proactive, creative approach to implementing developmentally-minded, play-based activities
- Knowledge of Waldorf, RIE, and/or Montessori philosophies will be valued
- Positive, can-do spirit
- Flexibility to travel with the family frequently throughout the year when it is safe to do so
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position, with priority given to candidates who are already local to Los Angeles. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!