An on-the-go, dedicated family based in San Francisco, CA is seeking a positive, passionate, and fun-loving nanny to join their childcare team in caring for their 8, 6, and 4-year-old children!
This family of five has nurtured a welcoming home environment that has the perfect balance of fast-paced and mellow. They love to travel throughout the year and to get the kids out on adventures around the city whenever possible! Both parents work in and out of the home and have put together a dynamic household team that they enjoy collaborating closely with, as well as have a history of longevity with.The family is collaborative and appreciate open communication in their home. Their children are good-hearted and calm, and thrive with people who bring out their inner adventure as well as nurture their internal, thoughtful nature. The family is excited to welcome a candidate to their team who will be the family’s primary nanny, who can provide a positive and supportive hand in guiding their children for years to come!
This position is ideal for a candidate who thrives in a position that balances being a collaborative extended member of the family and professional boundaries. This family works well with team members who feel like an extension of the family and enjoy learning and growing with their team, while still having a step-in and step-out intuition. With many moving pieces in their home, the family strives to nurture a calm, mellow atmosphere in their home and hope for a nanny who can do the same, without hindering a fun-loving, playful approach in order to get the children out on adventures! A candidate who is confident working with multiple children, and who would be excited to bring their energetic, curious mindset to the role in order to find fun, educational learning opportunities in the everyday will be key. The family hopes to work with a nanny who is organized and forward thinking, who can proactively predict needs, pitch in with child-related household support (organizing closets, tidying, prepping lunches/dinners), travel with them as needed and assist with preparations, and be a general beam of support for the family’s team.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. Hours will typically fall between 8am-6pm or 11am-9pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and travel will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A temporary landing pad will be available for relocation candidates.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $40-45+/hr in addition to benefits including a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance and signing bonus, PTO, an overnight stipend when traveling/providing overnight care resulting in a full compensation package in the $110-120+k/year range for the perfect applicant.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for professional use.
- Care for, engage, and be positive role model for 3 growing children
- Plan, implement, and partake in fun-filled, engaging activities beyond basic care, including outings, adventures, playdates, classes, and more
- Assist with the children’s calendar management and provide safe, reliable transportation to/from school and activities as needed
- Pitch in with child-related household support including healthy meal prep, general tidying, and closet organization
- Travel with the family as needed throughout the year, and provide support with travel preparations
- Collaborate with hands-on parents and co-nanny to ensure continuity of care
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Confident caring for multiple children in a role
- Proven experience and confidence caring for Pre-K and elementary-aged children
- Collaborative with strong communication skills
- Travel-ready; past experience traveling with families is key
- Organized and proactive, able to intuit needs
- Step-in and step-out intuition
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience traveling with families. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!