A bustling and heart-filled family based in Redwood, CA is seeking a positive, patient, and hardworking hybrid nanny/family assistant for their 8 and 11-year-old boys!
This creative family of four leads busy and dynamic lives, they love to travel, and value a healthy, active lifestyle. Despite having a bustling routine, this family enjoys fostering a laid-back environment in their home. Currently based in the rolling hills and forests of Woodside, CA, they recently relocated out of San Francisco and look forward to continuing to spend time in the city in the future! Their two boys enjoy various sports and after-school activities and thrive alongside a role model who is fun-loving and outdoorsy while able to provide structure and positive boundaries. The family is eager to find an educationally-minded nanny/family assistant who can provide tailored support for their boys and foster their independence while providing organizational support to the home!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is patient and passionate about getting to know their charges and their unique interests and learning approaches! As their eldest son works with learning differences, he thrives alongside caregivers and educators who provide patient, loving, tailored support to build his confidence and set him up with the tools he needs for success. A nanny who has experience with special learning needs such as ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, and/or dysgraphia will be a valued member of this family’s team. The day-to-day will include facilitating a focused homework environment once the boys return from school and supporting their evening routines. The family hopes to find a nanny who can bring their organizational-savvy to the role to be a liaison between parents and teachers, organize school materials and resources, assist with calendar management, and other various family assisting tasks to support the home as a whole; a true no-task-too-small mentality is so appreciated in this home!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours/week with the general scheduling falling on Mondays through Thursdays from 12pm-7pm, and Fridays from 8am-7pm. Flexibility for additional hours, date nights, weekends, and travel will be asked and appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering an hourly rate equivalent to $100-$130+k/year in annualized earnings depending on candidate experience. The family is also offering benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, relocation assistance, and PTO.
- Start Date: August 2021, with flexibility for an earlier start date for the perfect candidate.
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty.
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Manage schedules and transport children to/from school and their various extracurricular activities as needed
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Provide homework help and support, organize school materials
- Assist the household by: managing schedules, running errands, grocery shopping, occasional meal prep, children’s laundry, general picking up around the house, and being proactive and jumping in where needed
- Occasionally travel with the family
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with children with learning differences such as ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, and/or dysgraphia
- Fun-loving while able to provide structure and positive boundaries
- Hardworking and organized with a pitch-in spirit
- Flexible and able to travel with the family as needed
- Energetic and outdoorsy
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!