A dynamic family based in Woodside, CA is seeking a positive, patient, and hardworking hybrid nanny/educator for their 8 and 11-year-old boys!
This creative family of four lead busy and active lives, love to travel when it is safe to do so, and value a healthy, active lifestyle. Their sons enjoy various sports and after school activities; they will thrive alongside a caregiver who is fun-loving and outdoorsy while able to provide structure and positive boundaries. The family looks forward to finding a nanny/educator who can support their distance learning and become an integral member of their family team.
This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys wearing multiple hats and has a true passion for education! A candidate who is patient and passionate about getting to know their students and their unique learning approaches will be a valued asset to this family (experience with ADD/ADHD and/or dyslexia will be a big plus). They hope to work with a candidate who feels confident supporting the children’s distance learning and instilling educational independence and a love for learning. A hardworking candidate with a positive, no-task-too-small mindset, who is willing to jump in where needed (such as managing calendars, researching activities, and pitching in to ensure the home runs smoothly), will thrive in this role for years to come.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays between 9am to 6pm. Flexibility for travel in the future will be appreciated. The family is offering a competitive compensation package of $40+/hour and benefits including relocation assistance, healthcare, discretionary bonuses, PTO, and sick days. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities when applicable
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Provide homework help and support distance learning
- Assist the household in: managing schedules, running errands, grocery shopping, occasional meal prep, children’s laundry, general picking up around the house, and being proactive and jumping in where needed
- Occasionally travel with the family
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare and/or teaching experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with children with learning challenges such as ADD/ADHD or dyslexia
- Fun-loving while able to provide structure and positive boundaries
- Hardworking and organized with a pitch-in spirit
- Flexible and able to travel with the family as needed
- Energetic and outdoorsy