A hardworking and fun-loving family based in Brooklyn is seeking a proactive, can-do, and engaging nanny/family assistant to care for their toddler!
Both of these dynamic parents run bustling companies and have worked hard to create a relaxed and nurturing environment in their home. They deeply value their time as a family, spending time outdoors, healthy eating, mindful living, and being around close friends and extended family. Their little one is sociable, incredibly bright, and also loves learning, exploring, and having conversations. The family is excited to find a caregiver who can not only provide nurturing care, but who can also be an extra set of hands and assist in supporting the home.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a flexible, can-do spirit. The family travels frequently for both work and pleasure, sometimes last minute, and would love to have their future nanny join them! There are opportunities for both full charge and tag-team care in this role, such as partnering with mom to provide nurturing childcare and manage household tasks, so a collaborative team player will fit in seamlessly. The family has a wonderful team of back-up babysitters to assist with date nights and even some travel. The ideal candidate will be able to coordinate with the back-up team to ensure the family has support and childcare coverage when needed. As their child is inquisitive and loves to learn, a candidate who is passionate about implementing educationally-minded activities and adventures and who can be engaging throughout the day will be valued. The family will be spending the month of January 2020 in California and hope to bring on their future nanny in time for this trip!
This is a full-time, live-out position of 45-50 hours/week with 45 hours guaranteed and frequent opportunities for additional overtime and travel. Hours will generally fall on Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 6pm with flexibility appreciated. The family is offering $30/hour and are willing to discuss additional benefits such as paid time off, sick days, and assistance with healthcare, if needed. The family’s ideal start date is late December 2019, and they are happy to consider an earlier start date for the right candidate!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and live within a commutable distance to Brooklyn. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Provide overnight and primary care as needed and coordinate back-up babysitters
- Interact confidently and educationally with active and curious child
- Act in a firm-loving, warm way with child when setting boundaries and expectations
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Manage schedules and take child to and from activities/classes
- Assist with household and family assisting tasks as needed, including laundry, general tidiness, managing calendars, grocery shopping, organizing closets, etc.
- Assist with meal prep and prepare healthy meals for child
- Travel with and provide support for the family
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Flexible and able to travel with the family and adjust to schedule changes
- A team player with a pitch-in attitude
- An engaging, educationally-minded approach
- A grounded, down-to-earth, and positive mindset