A heart-filled Bay Area-based family is seeking a gentle, proactive, and travel-ready nanny to join their family team through July 2022!
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Ages of children: 12, 6, and 2.5 years old and 5 months old
- Start date/Contract dates: ASAP through July 1st!
- Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Monday through Saturday or similar. The candidate will generally be asked to work either 7am to 2pm or 1:30pm to 8pm. The family is open to discussing a schedule that works for all parties. Flexibility for travel, weekends, and evenings will be required for the duration of the position!
- Compensation and benefits: The family is offering $35-40+/hr in addition to benefits including PTO and a van provided for on-duty use. The family is open to building a compensation package that works well for the perfect applicant for the duration of the contract!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in, a private bedroom and en-suite bathroom will be provided in the family’s home or in a shared 2 bedroom, 1 bath au pair suite on the family’s property.
- This bustling, four kid family, along with their service dog and backyard chickens, is a fun bunch! They are excited to add another nanny to their family team to partner with mom and their au pair and provide support through the end of the school year. In addition to English, both parents speak Spanish while their au pair speaks German, and this family loves to travel when the opportunity arises! They have plans to visit Hawaii, LA, and Germany this year, and are eager to find a nanny to join their family on these travels and at home in Atherton!
- Their loving, social 12-year-old has special needs due to a rare genetic disease. She is like a 2-year-old developmentally, non-verbal, and dependent on caretakers for basic needs, including feeding, dressing, diapering, g-tube, and requires help walking. She attends public school during the day and therapies after school. The 6-year-old is very outgoing, social, and loves learning to read, swimming, and playing with the family dog and friends when not attending kindergarten at a local private school. Their energetic 2.5-year-old attends a play-based preschool 3 mornings a week, and she loves playing dress-up, with her babies, and stickers and art. She is working on doing everything “herself” and working on her budding independence. Their youngest, who adores and is adored by her older siblings, is described by her parents as being a very calm, sweet baby, and is currently teething and learning to roll over.
- This position is ideal for a candidate who is excited to work on a team, travel-ready, tidy, worldly, and enjoys working in an energetic household. A candidate who is willing to follow the family’s firm-yet-fair discipline style and has experience working with a wide array of age groups, as well as recent infant experience, will thrive in this role!
- Someone who is a true team player will fit right in with this family. The nanny, au pair, and mom will partner together to support the children and household. A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in with child-related housekeeping, like meal prep and laundry is key.
- While experience with special needs and comfortability swimming and caring for kids around water are big pluses for this family, they are ultimately excited to work with an experienced, loving nanny who can show up every day with warmth and a collaborative, team-minded approach. They are happy to train on care for their eldest daughter!
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- A valid driver’s license and passport
- Experienced with a wide array of age groups, with recent infant experience
- An excitement to see the world and experience traveling domestically and internationally both personally and with nanny families
- Flexible and able to adjust to schedule variations and travel with the family frequently
- A sweet, calm, and patient demeanor
- Pet friendly!
- Fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable law, as well as a willingness to mirror the family’s safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
Due to the nature of our industry, the current Omicron-related surge, and the number of children who are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, in an effort to ensure everyone’s health and safety, this family is currently only considering candidates who are fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19.