A professional, friendly family in Minneapolis is seeking a calm, proactive, and team-oriented nanny to care for their 2-year-old daughter. This family is excited to find a nanny who is eager to contribute their expertise and passion for childcare into their active, travel-oriented life both at home and on frequent domestic and international trips.
These bustling, professional parents run their own business together with varying schedules throughout the week and frequent travel. They are thrilled to welcome a nanny who is energized by an on-the-go lifestyle and will be focused on their toddler’s happiness, education, and overall growth. Someone who derives great joy from being an extra set of helping hands and contributes a calming presence will thrive in this role. The family is prioritizing candidates with proven reliability, adaptability, and who are flexible to schedule changes and frequent short-term and extended travel, both domestically and internationally. Their daughter is in a phase of boundless curiosity and is engaged, earnest, and has a wonderful sense of humor! She loves to play and be silly. Their daughter is very affectionate and already enjoying many activities with grown-ups her parents include her in such as dinner parties and museum visits. She enjoys arts & crafts, cooking, reading, exploring the outdoors, and imaginary play among other activities. She is currently enrolled in weekly classes including Waldorf Little Sprouts, music, and gymnastics. The family also has a beloved dog who is happy, sweet, and loves to sunbathe.
The ideal candidate for this family will be someone who has both a professional, positive demeanor and a go-with-the-flow, pitch-in attitude. This family greatly values someone with newborn and toddler experience and is excited to collaborate with the family’s other full-time and part-time nannies. Childcare responsibilities will be shared amongst the nanny team and will include but are not limited to meal prep, laundry, calendar organizing, occasional errand-running, and researching developmental opportunities both locally and while traveling. The family travels for business and pleasure up to 6 months annually and most trips are 1-2 weeks in length, with longer adventures lasting 6-8 weeks. A passion for travel and exploration is key in this position, and the family provides private accommodations for their nanny team to ensure everyone has down time enjoy the destination. This family values quality time, education, and broadening their worldview through travel and culture. They do not own a television nor engage in any screen time with their daughter. The family considers themselves liberal and entertains often, and wants to ensure their future nanny is comfortable in their home environment. As a live-in position it is also important to the family that the nanny is comfortable in their private accommodations; the family is offering a 1500 sq ft separate living space that will be fully furnished and renovated by Summer 2020. The family is also seeking a candidate with a step-in and step-out intuition for bonding moments and quality family time.
This a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 40-50 hours per week. The family appreciates flexibility and is open to discussing the schedule. The family is offering $30-$35 per hour and a competitive benefits package including full health, dental, and vision insurance, 20 days of PTO, sick days, and matching 401K contributions. Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The family is hoping to find the perfect fit by May 1st, 2020.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who have a valid driver’s license, strong swimming skills, and are legally able to work in the US. The family is happy to consider both local and relocation candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research and engage in developmental opportunities both locally and while traveling such as playdates, museum visits, park outings, music & art classes, swimming, community events etc.
- Prepare healthy, balanced meals and promote positive learning methods and emotional intelligence
- Maintain flexibility for the family’s dynamic schedule and frequent travel
- Pitch-in with childcare related and household duties maintaining a team-oriented attitude with the nanny team
- Foster an educationally stimulating and emotional nurturing environment throughout the day-to-day that support the child’s overall growth and happiness
- Valid driver’s license and travel experience
- Valid passport or willing to get one
- Self-starting, collaborative, and adaptable personality that supports the family’s bustling travel and work schedules
- A passion for early childhood development and an educational background
- Positive demeanor, health-conscious, and active
- Step-in and step-out intuition
- Strong swimming skills
- Newborn care experience and fluency in a second language (Mandarin preferred) are huge pluses