A laid back and bustling family of four in Greenwich Village is seeking a kind, organized, and proactive candidate to join their home as a hybrid nanny and family assistant/cook!
These dual-working parents have created an enriching environment for their children and deeply value a growth mindset and positive discipline in their home. Their two children, aged 4 and 2.5 years old, are at an exciting age of development and especially enjoy reading and spending time outdoors. Their older son will be in school for the majority of the day come the new school year and their youngest will be in school part-time, and both children attend speech therapy. With a bustling household and moving pieces, they hope to find a candidate to work alongside their current nanny to provide developmentally-minded care, prepare healthy meals, and help the home run smoothly.
The ideal candidate for this position will first and foremost have a passion for stimulating and inspiring young minds, and will secondly love to cook! Preparing healthy meals for the family using organic, clean foods will be a key element of this role (it is important to note that they have a sesame and tree nut allergies in their home). The family has a supply of recipes that can be followed, but would love for their candidate to curate menus and shop for groceries once they get to know the family’s preferences. A candidate who is organized and enjoys being proactive will thrive in this role while pitching in with other various family assisting tasks, such as running errands. The family employs a housekeeper and would appreciate a candidate who can pitch in with the overall tidiness in the home. Fluency in Spanish will be a big plus!
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40 to 50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays between 9:30 am to 7 pm, with flexibility appreciated. The family is offering $30/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as PTO, sick days, and a transportation pass.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is prioritizing local candidates at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Help foster childhood learning
- Work alongside the family’s current nanny to support the family and children’s daily routines
- Prepare healthy meals using organic, clean foods for the family with attention to sesame and tree nut allergies
- Curate and prepare menus after becoming familiar with the family’s preferences
- Various family assisting tasks such as running errands
- Light housekeeping
- Travel occasionally with the family, likely one week total annually
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Passionate about childhood development and positive discipline
- A passion for cooking and comfortability preparing meals required
- Organized and able to multitask
- Fluency in Spanish a huge bonus!
- Speech therapy knowledge a plus
- Playful and fun-loving!