A bustling, dynamic family based in Mclean, VA is seeking an inspiring, proactive, and supportive nanny to care for their 9 and 6 year old girls and support their home!
Based in the DC area, these dual-career, entrepreneurial parents lead a busy household and greatly value organization and the support of their caregiver. Their daughters are intellectual, creative, and active, both being avid horseback riders and soccer players! They are currently attending school in-person, though the family anticipates shifting school schedules in the coming year and will appreciate a candidate who is open to facilitating distance learning if need be. With an on-the-go lifestyle, they cherish their family and home time with one another, head on adventures to their summer properties in the Virgin Islands and New Hampshire (and beyond!) whenever possible, and believe strongly in fostering a love of learning, curiosity, and cultural awareness in their children. They are hoping to find a nanny who can provide well-rounded support for both their girls and their household for years to come.
This position is ideal for a candidate who can jump in with both feet, who enjoys wearing multiple hats in their role, and has a creative, playful side when it comes to providing enriching, educationally-minded activities for two bright, elementary-aged girls! A can-do spirit and the ability to think two steps ahead will be deeply valued while partnering with the parents to ensure the inner workings of the home are running smoothly (for example, organizing and tidying, ordering supplies, occasional errands, managing vendors, light pet care, and preparing healthy meals for the girls). They hope to work with a nanny who can be both a pillar of support and a role model, to inspire the girls through creativity and a can-do spirit. A candidate who brings a background or interest in early childhood education and/or family assisting will be appreciated as the family would love a candidate who can grow in their role long-term. A sense of flexibility to roll with the punches as the family navigates shifting schedules and short and long-term plans in this COVID-world will be so appreciated!
This is a full-time live-in or live-out position guaranteeing 40+ hours per week with working hours generally falling between 2pm-8pm. Flexibility for additional hours, evening, weekend, overnights, and travel will be asked and appreciated. If live-in, accommodations include a private basement area with bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living area, as well as a car for both professional and personal use. The family is offering $30-$35/hour in addition to relocation assistance, healthcare stipend, and PTO. The family is hoping for a start date of January 1st, 2021, though can be flexible for sooner for the right candidate.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for children
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Provide educational support and enriching activities for the children, take them to and from school and activities as needed
- Pitch in with various family assisting tasks as needed such as organizing closets, ordering supplies, running occasional errands, and managing vendors
- Light meal prep for the children (and encouraging them to join when appropriate!), with an emphasis on healthy foods and keeping in mind a corn and wheat sensitivity
- Light pet care (help the girls feed their fishes, two Bengal cats, and two sweet terrier dogs)
- Travel with the family as needed (a sense of adventure is key!)
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Professional working experience with elementary age groups
- Background or interest in early childhood education is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is a plus
- Background or interest in family assisting and ability to wear multiple hats
- Organized, proactive, and a can-do spirit
- Ability to travel with the family as needed
- Flexible to adjust to schedule changes with notice
- Animal friendly! (Two dogs, two cats, and fishes)