An inviting and down-to-earth family of four is seeking a professional, passionate, and engaging rotational nanny to join them and their family’s team in caring for their 1-year-old and 3-year-old children!
This active family of four and their golden retriever live life on the go! Whether working from home in San Francisco or traveling both internationally and around the country to locations like Northern California, Hawaii, and Montana, they enjoy an adventurous and active life together and see their nannies as an integral part of their family team. Their kind and curious 1-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter love playing outside and create a fun environment wherever they go. Their daughter is attending her first year of preschool 3 days/week, while their son enjoys exploring both at home and outdoors wherever they are. Empowering their children to be themselves and building a foundation of strong emotional intelligence and a vocabulary around that is important to this family, and they hope to find a candidate who shares this with them!
This position is ideal for a self-driven and travel-ready career nanny who is excited to grow with this family for years to come! Candidates with recent and applicable infant, toddler, and elementary-age experience, travel nanny experience, and a passion for cooking healthy kid-friendly meals that introduce new flavors will be key for the perfect applicant. A willingness to provide child-related housekeeping, pitch-in where needed, and travel frequently with the family will be essential! Both parents are currently working from home, and a step-in and step-out intuition will be appreciated as the nanny collaborates and partners with these loving and involved parents. This family values having an enthusiastic and driven team who are excited to show their children the world, and a candidate who possesses these traits will thrive in this long-term role.
- Hours/Schedule: Rotational schedule of 7 days on, 7 days off with general working hours falling between 8am-8pm during on days. Flexibility for extended travel and evenings will be asked in advance! The family will appreciate a candidate who can coordinate with their co-nanny to cover longer trips, with the expectation they will receive longer breaks in those cases.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. The family is happy to help with temporary housing for a relocation candidate if needed.
- Compensation and Benefits: $35-40+ DOE, or an annualized earning in the $90-100+K/year range DOE and based on the rotational schedule. Benefits like health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, relocation assistance, and PTO to be provided.
- Start Date: As soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required in this position and an on duty vehicle will be provided. This family has a sweet friendly dog, and the candidate must be comfortable with basic pet care (like letting the dog out and filling food/water bowls) as needed.
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones. Big plus for activities that engage body and mind!
- Travel frequently with the family both domestically and abroad
- Collaborate with parents and co-nanny to ensure continuity of care
- Cook and prepare healthy, simple meals with a focus on introducing the children to new and interesting flavors and foods
- Assist with child-related housekeeping duties
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Willing to follow and mirror the family’s COVID safety protocols at all times
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience, specifically with toddlers and young children
- Self-starting and proactive, willing to pitch in with household support with little direction
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Adept at stepping in and stepping out without direction
- Travel savvy – confidence and comfortability in new environments
- Pet friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and passport, are dog friendly, and are happy to prepare healthy meals for the children. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!