**Details updated 6/18/21** A kind-hearted and progressive family based in Boulder, CO is seeking a team-oriented, caring, and creative nanny to support their soon-to-be 4-year-old boy!
This loving family of three places a big emphasis on empathy and kindness in their home! They make a point to provide appreciation to everyone they encounter and are excited to do so with their future caregiver. They hold an appreciation for the arts and run a thriving, eclectic restaurant business in Boulder, a town they truly love to be in! They love to travel whenever possible, escaping to their beautiful ranch in Telluride or heading on a beach vacation. Their almost 4-year-old is strong, curious, and very vocally articulate! He gets along well with other kids, will be in preschool part-time, and loves to be active and get outside to play with the family sheepadoodle or head on bike rides with his parents. Mom and dad are excited to welcome a nanny to their home who can be a parenting teammate so they can work together to ensure their days run smoothly to make room for more quality family connecting time.
This position is ideal for a nanny who thrives when working in a collaborative, inclusive home! These parents hope to work with a nanny who can bring a tranquil, organized atmosphere to their day-to-day lives to minimize stress and maximize space for family time. A nanny who aligns with the family’s progressive values and who can bring a love for life and play for their son will fit in seamlessly in this home! They would love to work with a nanny who can bring a proactive, creative approach to coming up with fun-filled and developmentally-minded activities and adventures; strong familiarity with age-appropriate developmental milestones will be valued. With an it-takes-a-village mentality in this home, pitching in with healthy meal prep, light tidying and pet care, organizational tasks, and more will be a natural element of this role. The ideal candidate will be travel ready and look forward to spending time in the mountains of Telluride, heading on a beach vacation, and more! As a bonus, should their future nanny have an entrepreneurial spirit or green thumb, they’d love to have them join them with tasks around their thriving restaurant business and garden if desired!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Tuesdays through Saturdays. The candidate can expect to work a schedule similar to 10am-5pm three days/week and 5pm-11pm on Wednesday and Saturdays.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A housing stipend or temporary housing may be available for the perfect relocation candidate. A private and separate cabin at the family’s ranch in Telluride will be offered when spending time there.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-35+/hr in addition to benefits including a healthcare stipend, relocation, and PTO based on candidate need.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty if required.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Proactively research and implement fun-filled, creative, developmentally-minded activities and adventures beyond basic care, with an emphasis on heading outdoors!
- Provide healthy child meal prep
- Support morning, afternoon, and evening routines
- Collaborate with mom, dad, and child to ensure continuity of care
- Various family assisting tasks including but not limited to light tidying, light pet care, organization, running errands, and child laundry
- Travel with the family to their ranch in Telluride and elsewhere throughout the year as needed, supporting travel preparations
- Bonus: participate in the family’s garden and/or restaurant business
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience caring for Pre-K and early elementary-aged children, with strong familiarity of developmental milestones
- Activity-oriented and proactive, ready to get outside with fun-filled adventures!
- Excitement and willingness to travel with the family throughout the year
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Willingness to follow the family’s COVID safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!