A fun, loving family in San Francisco is seeking a confident, patient, engaging, and reliable weekend nanny to care for their 7-year-old son.
This single father has his boys every other weekend (including a 14-year-old boy who is largely on his own for the weekends); together they enjoy prioritizing family time, especially through traveling both domestically and internationally. These growing boys are very active and curious and love to learn, especially through their travels and local adventures.
This family prioritizes patience and understanding in their home and are primarily looking for this weekend nanny to focus their time with their younger son, who has recently been diagnosed with ADHD. They are excited to find a nanny with an adventurous spirit and an empathetic mindset who can keep up with their active boys and be a positive influence to their growth.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a perfect balance between firm and warm. A candidate who can confidently set clear boundaries and be a positive role model as the boys get older while leaving room for fun and adventure will fit in seamlessly. The family is excited to find a nanny who is engaging and always looking for teaching moments, using the Bay Area and all it has to offer as the classroom.
The family would also love to find a candidate who has experience working with children with ADD and/or ADHD and can bring a caring, patient, and loving approach to their day. Having a pitch-in attitude and assisting with various household tasks such as the occasional grocery run and meal prep and assisting with the overall tidiness of the house will be appreciated.
This is a live-in weekend position with hours generally falling from Friday afternoons after the boys get out of school until Monday mornings once the boys are taken back to school or to their mother’s house. The family is offering $25 to $30/hour and will be providing an overnight rate as well. They hope to find the perfect candidate to join their family as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is prioritizing local candidates with experience working with children with ADD/ADHD at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Care for and engage curious boys
- Manage schedules and take children to school and their various extracurricular activities
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Assisting the household in: managing schedules, running errands, grocery shopping, occasional meal prep, children’s laundry, general picking up around the house, and being proactive and jumping in where needed
- Provide homework help for early elementary students
- Occasionally travel with the family
- A valid passport, driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bright, driven and confident interacting with the children
- Early childhood education experience would be a bonus
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and ownership in their role
- Experience teaching or tutoring early elementary students a big plus!
- Currently local and able to start a part-time position in San Francisco