A dynamic, travel-ready family that will soon split their time between Upstate NY, Minneapolis, and Boston, is seeking an adaptable, resourceful, and engaging private educator for their 3-year-old girl!
This bustling, dynamic family (along with their sweet and gentle dog) deeply values fostering an environment of learning, exploration, cultural awareness, and family time. They have a fully staffed home including full-time nannies, and are excited to make Upstate NY their second home base in the near future! They expect to travel often between this home, Minneapolis, and Boston, as well as adventures both domestically and internationally as it is safe to do so, from a quick road trip to the countryside to a multi-week trip overseas. When it comes to their 3-year-old’s education, the family prefers to structure her week with routine, hour-long classes and events rather than long hours of formal schooling or Pre-K. They value many aspects of Waldorf and Montessori in their home but prefer to stay open-minded when it comes to methodologies and to utilize whatever approach works best for their child and the task at hand. Their smart, silly, and bravely curious daughter responds best to guidance that is based on truth, reason, and logic.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is a passionate and resourceful educator, and has a flexible, child-led approach to teaching and the ability to flex between various educational philosophies. Their 3-year-old has advanced language vocabulary skills and her parents are excited to begin introducing more literacy and reading into her day-to-day routine, as well as introducing math and science through exploration and games. They hope to raise their daughter to speak Mandarin, and thus the ability to teach in the language is highly preferred, though not a requirement for this role. They hope for an educator who can make sure that school is fun and engaging, who can ensure that art, music, and movement are all essential and routine activities of the day. Depending on how the pandemic unfolds, there is a chance that the family may continue to host a very small pod of students for a child-led, homeschool learning environment where their daughter can socialize, and thus hope their educator will be open to adjusting the day to incorporate multiple children. Flexibility to travel with the family will be key, as well as the ability to take advantage of their travels to create fun, engaging learning opportunities!
This family is also seeking a nanny for their family! If interested, please find the details here: Flexible, Infant-Savvy Nanny Needed For Dynamic MN/NY/MA Family
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week, with weekly working hours fluctuating between 30-50 hours, depending on the family’s needs and travel schedule. Flexibility to travel with the family and adjust to varying schedules with advanced notice will be essential. They deeply value work-life balance and will ensure two consecutive days off per week whenever possible.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in or live-out while the family is in Minneapolis. Private, separate accommodations will be provided whenever the family is traveling. Accommodations available in Minneapolis include a 1500sq foot apartment that is shared with another staff member.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $40-$50/hour depending on experience as well as a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k contributions, relocation assistance, 20 days of PTO annually, sick days, and paid volunteer opportunities.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Research, select, and implement a creative and fun curriculum tailored to their daughter’s developmental needs
- Collaborate with parents to meet and exceed developmental milestones, educational goals, and plan for future development
- Discover educational opportunities in the area to take the classroom outside or other places of interest as it is safe to do so
- Join the family on their extended travel, creating lesson plans that accommodate their travel itinerary
- Build positive and caring relationships with the child and provide light child care such as playing with the children and finding fun-filled enriching activities outside of “class” hours
- If desired, pitch in with various family assisting tasks such as calendar management, meal prep, grocery shopping, travel planning, light pet care, and/or errand running
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare and/or teaching experience
- At least 2 years of classroom or private teaching experience
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Knowledgeable, resourceful, and confident developing and implementing curriculum
- Flexible and adaptable approach to select curriculum and develop lesson plans that are tailored to the child’s age, interests, and developmental stages
- Nutritionally conscious and able to prep basic healthy meals for the child
- Candidate must be willing and able to comply with the families COVID-19 safety protocols and open to vaccination when it becomes available
- Mandarin fluency, both spoken and written is highly preferred
- Musical background is a big plus!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have at least 2 years of experience teaching in a classroom or homeschool environment. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!