A heart-filled, on-the-go family based in Bethesda, MD is seeking a resourceful, energetic, and confident nanny to care for their 1.5 year-old boy!
These enthusiastic and loving first-time parents are already seeing their son’s personality shine! A very happy 1.5 year-old, he enjoys exploring, listening to music, and chatting with anyone who will listen. The family just relocated from DC to Bethesda; they enjoy staying active, spending time with their extended family and friends, and partaking in activities together. They are hoping to find a nanny who is ready to brainstorm and implement engaging, fun-filled activities, provide a confident and resourceful foundation for their son’s development, and become an extended and valued member of their family. They believe that open, honest, and clear communication is key and look forward to working as a team with their future nanny! They value a nanny who can provide lots of suggestions, and anticipate the next stage of development for their son, catering their care to his developmental needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will be engaging and confident, ready to take charge when it comes to their little one’s development and care. Experience working confidently in a similar role is essential, and a candidate who can be a resource of knowledge while still having a grounded natural instinct will be an asset to these first-time parents. A proactive candidate who is excited to jump in and ensure the home is running smoothly, such as tidying, preparing meals, will be valued in this home. A collaborative nanny with a genuine love for toddlerhood who is excited to join these parents in developing their son into a loving, kind, confident, and smart young boy will thrive in this home for years to come.
This is a full-time, live-out or live-in position with a guaranteed schedule averaging 50 hours/week. Hours will generally fall on 7:30am to 5:30pm on Mondays through Fridays. Flexibility to work with schedule changes as well as to travel occasionally with the family once it is safe to do so will also be appreciated. The family is offering $25-$27/hour with extensive opportunities for overtime earnings, bringing the annualized earnings potential to $80k-90k/year. The family is happy to offer discretionary bonuses and is also open to discussing additional benefits. Driving is required for this role as well as a reliable vehicle (a car seat will be provided and gas reimbursements). The start date is negotiable based on the perfect candidate’s availability.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Assist with morning, afternoon, and evening routines, including feeding, rest, and playtimes
- Engage the child in creative, age-appropriate, developmentally-minded activities
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule. Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Lend a helping hand where needed around the home
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the home
- Prepare meals for the child as well as the parents when possible
- Travel occasionally with the family at a safe time
- Valid passport or ability to get one
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable, safe vehicle
- Infant/Child CPR Certified
- Experience working confidently in a similar role with this age range
- A deep knowledge of developmental milestones and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
- Confident and able to take ownership over daily childcare duties and developmental goals
- Step-in and step-out intuition
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and engaging
- Organized, tidy, and proactive
- Flexibility to work with a varying schedule
- Once travel resumes, ability to provide occasional overnights is a plus