A warm and fun-loving family is seeking a gentle, nurturing, patient, and playful nanny with RIE experience who can keep up with and confidently care for their soon-to-be 2-year-old boy! Based in San Francisco, CA, they are expecting their second child in February of next year and hope to find someone who can join their growing family as soon as possible.
This curious and sociable toddler lives in a home that values family time and a child-led, nurturing environment. They have placed an emphasis on cultivating an RIE-inspired home philosophy where their son can lead the way in his growth and development. They are very engaged in their son’s day to day life and hope to find a nanny with whom they can create a partnership of collaboration. They love the outdoors and exploring as a family, and their son especially loves to explore the beach and nearby Presidio Forest.
The perfect nanny for this family will have a fun-loving spirit with a sense of patience and initiative. A candidate who can be attuned to their child’s emotional and developmental needs, has a deep understanding of developmental milestones, and is open to communicating and collaborating with the family will be a valued asset to this home. A knowledge of RIE philosophies, in particular, will be greatly appreciated, however, the family is open to other philosophies such as Montessori, Waldorf, or Reggio.
Leading a gentle, respectful, stimulating, and super fun child-led day is at the heart of this position, whether that be by spending time exploring Presidio Forest or organizing play dates and activities. Music, singing, and dancing is welcome! Someone who is excited to cook healthy, organic, nutrient-rich meals with no sugar and low gluten for their son will also be appreciated!
This is a 38 hour/week live-out position with the schedule falling on Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30 am to 5 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Flexibility to provide coverage for occasional date nights will also be appreciated. The family is offering $25-$30/hour with room to grow several months after baby number two arrives once mom returns to work. They are also offering generous paid time off, sick days, and federal holidays. Use of the family car to take their toddler out and about while on duty will be available as well.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. The family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position who possess the prerequisite experience!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones. This may include singing, creative and age-appropriate educational activities, outing and adventures, organizing play dates, and taking fun nature walks!
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic care and with attention to zero screen time
- Focus on the child, his specific needs, educational play, and developmental milestones
- Communicate child’s behaviors to parents and agree on consistent parenting philosophies
- Prepare healthy, organic, low sugar, low gluten, nutrient-rich meals for the child
- A valid driver’s license
- Candidates with experience/familiarity with RIE philosophy will be prioritized. Similar philosophies such as Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio, or Pikler approach are welcome
- Early childhood education experience a big plus
- Knowledge of developmental milestones and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be okay with cats
- Newborn experience preferred, especially 4+ months and older