A communicative, kind family based in San Francisco, CA is seeking a mindful, hardworking, and compassionate overnight newborn care specialist and/or postpartum doula for their newborn expected in July 2021!
This family of three and their two cats are excited to welcome their newest member this summer. They are very passionate about the RIE approach and work with a collaborative and kind household team. They practice open, direct communication in their home and have created a peaceful household environment with smooth, consistent routines. This family values healthy living, and you’ll find green, eco-friendly products available. With daytime care already in place, they are seeking a newborn care specialist to share overnight coverage for their newborn in a rotational schedule.
This position is ideal for either a newborn care specialist or postpartum doula who values supporting and caring for the family as a whole. Experience and comfort working longer shifts as well as overnights will be important and a holistic approach will be key! The family is seeking a mindful, confident candidate with an all-hands-on-deck spirit who won’t mind pitching in with the overall tidiness of the home and will enjoy working with their wonderful, existing team!
- Hours/Schedule: Rotational schedule of 3 days on 4 days off, then 4 days on 3 days off, with 12-hour shifts from 7pm to 7am.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35-$45/hour and is happy to discuss off-site living accommodations if needed.
- Start Date and Contract Length: The contract is for 4-6 months and will begin in early July 2021, with a potential option to extend.
- Other Notes: Candidates already local to the Bay Area will be prioritized, though relocation candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Provide consistent, reliable care and monitoring for the baby
- Provide guidance and knowledge around developmental milestones
- Create a nurturing and safe environment for the newborn to thrive
- Provide support to the parents in an approachable and open way
- Collaborate with parents and the rest of the infant staff to provide continuity of care
- Other child-related tasks including prepping and cleaning bottles, laundry, and tidying the nursery
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home (ie unload/load the dishwasher, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license
- 3 years of relevant professional experience (as a newborn care specialist, night nanny, doula, or nanny)
- Experience working as a newborn care specialist and/or doula with at least 5 families
- Knowledge of every aspect of newborn care, including professional and working knowledge of sleep conditioning, feeding, bathing, and dressing infants, and preparing, cleaning and sanitizing bottles
- Newborn care specialist training, preferably through Newborn Care Solutions or another CACHE-accredited program
- Proven experience and comfortability working longer shifts
- Ability to provide consistent awake care
- Experience/familiarity with RIE or other progressive philosophies is a big plus!
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Understanding of caring for the family as a whole
- Step in and step out intuition; ability to both provide guidance and receive feedback
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and have professional working experience as a newborn care specialist and/or doula. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!