A nurturing, creative family in Telluride, CO is seeking an equally creative and self-starting private educator with a passion for learning and education for their 8-year-old boy!
This hardworking, dynamic mom is passionate about instilling a sense of imagination and creativity in her son. He will be going into 2ndgrade this year, is incredibly bright and gifted, and enjoys staying engaged in his learning. Some of his favorite subjects include physics, science, and astronomy! They deeply value the project-driven learning of the Waldorf method, and have found that their son thrives when utilizing engaging, creative projects to learn about various subjects.
They hope to keep their son engaged with other children his age and may be sending him to various classes throughout the week. As mom’s schedule fluctuates with plenty of travel throughout the year, she is eager to find a private educator who can continue his homeschooling, work with the school in the area to build proper curriculum, and be flexible to an on-the-go and adapting work environment.
The ideal candidate for this family will be a bright and confident self-starter who is ready to take the reins when it comes to developing and implementing a curriculum with which their son will thrive! This family deeply values the Waldorf method in this home and are excited to find a candidate who is familiar with this method and who appreciates project-driven learning, as well as someone who is curious about and interested in other learning philosophies!
A grounded candidate who considers themselves a lifelong learner will feel at home in this role. Their son travels to his father’s house once a month, so communicating curriculum, progress, and collaborating with his other educator will be essential. A candidate who enjoys travel will have plenty of opportunities to join the family and provide educational experiences on the road in the months to come. Being flexible, adaptable, and able to go with the flow will be key. The family employs a nanny, so this role will be strictly education-based.
This is a full-time, live-out position based in Telluride, CO. The family will guarantee 40 hours per week and require at least 4 hours of teaching on Mondays through Fridays to fulfill the 180 school days/year requirement. The family is open to discussing salary and benefits, including relocation and healthcare assistance. Driving will be required for this role and mileage will be reimbursed. If needed, a vehicle will be provided while on duty when traveling with the family. They hope to find the perfect candidate by the end of August 2019!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in education. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research, develop and implement a creative, project-driven curriculum inspired by the Waldorf method
- Research destinations and plan educational enriching field trips and experiences
- Develop a structured while fluid and supportive environment
- Collaborate with parents, school, and their other educator to make sure educational milestones are being met
- Travel with the family and be proactive in creating learning opportunities and maintaining consistency with curriculum
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Experience in education as a private educator, classroom teacher, or tutor
- Familiarity and appreciation for the Waldorf method and project-driven learning
- A deep love for education
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to schedule changes as travel plans solidify
- Plan activities and support a varying daily schedule
- A bright, confident, self-starting attitude