A loving, mindful family based on the Upper East Side in NYC is seeking a kind, collaborative, self-motivated nanny to care for their 2.5-year-old and 5-month-old children!
Currently living at their Cape Cod residence until the spring of 2021, this family has been enjoying taking advantage of the space and outdoors and is very COVID-conscious. They are passionate about balancing their work with creating a loving, warm, nurturing home environment for their family. Both parents currently work from home, though dad visits the office in the city 1-2 times per month. They are hands-on and appreciate being a part of their children’s growth, wanting to raise them to be curious, empathetic, and kind individuals. Their 2.5-year-old will be starting preschool in the fall of 2021 and is incredibly intellectually curious and bright, while their 5-month-old is sleeping through the night and learning to roll over! The family spends their free time together doing yoga and adventuring outside (they love swimming and hiking). They are excited to welcome a confident nanny to their family team who will grow with them in the years ahead and be a supportive role model to their children.
This position is ideal for a candidate who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment with parents where all opinions and ideas are respected and valued! A candidate who is familiar with tag-teaming the day with loving, hands-on parents will feel at home in this role. A willingness to jump in with family assisting tasks as needed, general upkeep, children’s laundry, and preparing healthy, simple meals with organic, whole foods will be appreciated. Experience working with early elementary, toddler, and infant stages will be important when coming up with enriching, educationally-minded, creative activities. Knowledge of a second language is considered a big plus! A candidate who can bring their honest, positive attitude and nurturing spirit to the role while being passionate about encouraging development and learning throughout the day (both indoors and outdoors) will thrive in this role for years to come.
This is a full-time position that is live-in while the family is in Cape Cod, and live-out once the family returns to the Upper East Side in the spring of 2021. Live-in accommodations in Cape Cod include a completely separate 3rd floor with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms and spacious living area. The position guarantees 40-50 hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 6pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, overnights, and travel may be asked and appreciated with advanced notice. The family is offering $30-$35+/hour DOE in addition to a healthcare stipend and PTO. They will be happy to assess any changes to the role, compensation, and benefits when the position transitions to live-out in the future. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Provide enriching, educationally-minded experiences and activities beyond basic care including outdoor activities that inspire intellectual curiosity and a love for learning
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care and developmental milestones are being met
- Prepare healthy, simple meals for the children using organic, whole foods
- Assist with various family assisting tasks and child-related household tasks as needed such as running errands, organizing, and children’s laundry
- Travel with the family as needed
- Participate actively in the family’s COVID-19 safety precautions
- At least 5 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Confident swimmer
- Familiarity with infant, toddler, and early-elementary age ranges
- Educationally-minded and passionate about inspiring a love for learning in children
- COVID-conscious and willing to join the family in their safety protocols
- Collaborative and comfortable tag-teaming the day with loving, hands-on parents
- Able to travel with the family as needed
- Experience working with bright and curious children is a plus!
- Knowledge of Spanish or French languages is a plus!