A wonderful, dynamic family in Los Gatos, CA is looking for a caring and good-natured family and childcare assistant. The family of four has a 8-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son and they are seeking an experienced assistant to join their fully-staffed home and become part of their team! This is an amazing opportunity to hone your family assistant skills while working as a member of a finely tuned and supportive household staff.
The ideal candidate can look forward to spending time with two fun and active children and a dedicated loving staff as they support a bustling household. Childcare duties you will be responsible for include managing the kids’ morning schedules, light meal preparation, and flexibility to jump in where needed. Family assistant duties include owning tasks such as grocery procurement, vehicle maintenance, sending and receiving mail, children’s laundry and other general tasks that support the home as a whole. This is a dream position for candidates that truly thrive in highly organized environments while being supported by a tight-knit and professional household staff.
After a few transitional weeks of learning the family’s routines and structure, the family assistant will be expected to jump in and use the existing infrastructure to assist the family and the rest of the household staff by owning your responsibilities and duties. A successful candidate will be a wonderful multi-tasker, tech-savvy, and a self-starter. Applicants with the ability to work as an effective member of a busy in-home staff and be a team player will excel in this role for years to come.
Hourly compensation is generous and commensurate with experience. Schedule will be Sunday in the early-late afternoons and Monday – Thursday 7am-12pm with opportunity for additional hours with advance notice. Paid time off, sick days, and health benefits may be offered for the right candidate.
This position is open to all candidates who currently live within a commutable distance of Los Gatos, CA. Start date: as soon as they find the perfect fit!
- Care for and engage curious children ages 8 and 6
- Supervise timely morning routines to ensure children are properly ready for school or summer camp
- Family Assistant tasks to include grocery shopping, vehicle maintenance, clerical projects, errands, children’s laundry, light housekeeping and running point on tasks upon request
- Work confidently as a member of the team to complete tasks
- 2 years full-time professional childcare experience
- Bright, driven and confident interacting with the children and running a home
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and ownership in their role
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Household management or family assistant experience preferred
- Highly organized, exhibits a high level of professionalism
- Glowing references!