A dynamic family of four based in Boulder, CO is seeking an experienced, adaptable, and intuitive newborn care specialist as they welcome their baby in early October!
These busy parents and their two children, aged 7 and 6 years old, are excited to meet the newest member of their family this fall! They have a zero-waste environment in their home and would value an NCS who understands or shares a similar philosophy. As this is the family’s third baby, mom and dad are excited to find an overnight NCS who can provide support focused on establishing a nighttime schedule and building a strong sleep foundation prior to an international trip the baby and mother will be going on when the newborn is approximately 6 weeks old.
This position is ideal for an NCS with a gentle, experienced touch, who is collaborative and adaptable, ready to take on a family’s specific needs and run with it! It is very important to these loving parents that they are able to obtain uninterrupted sleep so they can bring their all to their bustling home and professions; confidence managing night feedings without waking mom as soon as possible in baby’s early weeks will be essential. Comfortability working in a zero-waste household and utilizing cloth diapers will also be key (experience with cloth diapers is a huge plus!).
- Hours/Schedule: Overnight shift from 7pm to 7am.
- Accommodations: A bed is provided in the baby’s nursery during working hours, as well as a guest room with ensuite bathroom during off time.
- Compensation and Benefits: An hourly rate equivalent to $350-450+/night based on candidate experience. The family is happy to assist with transportation costs for relocation candidates.
- Start Date and Contract Length: 6-week contract with potential to extend beginning on the baby’s due date, October 6, 2021. The family appreciates flexibility to start earlier if the baby arrives sooner.
- Provide consistent, reliable overnight care and monitoring for the baby with an emphasis on sleep conditioning
- Provide guidance and knowledge around developmental milestones
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Manage night feedings with a gentle, experienced tough to allow parents to sleep through the night; noting mom will be both breastfeeding and pumping
- Other baby-related tasks including prepping and cleaning bottles, baby’s laundry, and tidying the nursery
- 3 years of relevant professional experience (as a newborn care specialist, night nanny, doula, or nanny)
- Experience working as a newborn care specialist and/or doula with at least 5 families
- Knowledge of every aspect of newborn care, including professional and working knowledge of feeding, bathing, and dressing infants, and preparing, cleaning and sanitizing bottles
- Expert experience and knowledge surrounding sleep conditioning, establishing routines, feeding routines, and developmental milestones
- Newborn care specialist training, preferably through Newborn Care Solutions or another CACHE-accredited program
- Comfortable and confident working in a zero-waste household and using cloth diapers
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess newborn care training. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!