A creative and adventurous family living in Tribeca is looking for a dedicated, loving and educational nanny to care for their daughter who will be 3 years old in November and a baby boy, who is due in July 2017.
In addition to fluency in English, the family is looking for someone with fluency in Spanish who can speak Spanish to their children exclusively. Their current nanny speaks Spanish to their daughter exclusively and both parents are also conversational in Spanish.
The ideal candidate will be education focused and always looking for enriching activities to engage their children in. The family travels domestically and internationally several times a year, for both work and pleasure, and would love to bring their nanny to explore these sites!
Their daughter will be in pre-school 5 days a week beginning in September (8:30am – 12:30pm). The family is looking for someone who will enjoy reading to her and always looking for educational fun opportunities at every moment.
The nanny will be asked to run the occasional errand, and also be sure to pick up after themselves and the child and pitch in to the overall tidiness of the minimalistic and modern apartment.
The family is expecting a little boy at the end of July and are looking for their new nanny to grow alongside the family. Infant experience is a bonus.
The schedule will be Tues-Thurs – 7:15am – 6:15pm and Fridays 7:15am -2:15pm when the family is in NYC, with Saturday, Sunday and Mondays off. The family also travels frequently and would like the nanny to travel with them whenever possible, so flexibility in scheduling is key. Compensation is negotiable for the right person and PTO will be offered. Start date: as soon as they find the perfect fit!
• Basic childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, morning and evening routines and cleaning the kids clothing.
• Pick up the daughter from pre-school supporting her to learn and grow
• Engage the children in creative, educational outings and at-home fun activities
• Travel occasionally with the family both domestically and abroad
• Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the household
• Researching and reviewing child development best practices
• Cooking and researching healthy organic meals.
• Spanish language fluency is required
• Early childhood education interest and background
• Promotion of a healthy, active lifestyle
• Experience traveling domestically and internationally with children and / or families
• Adept at stepping in and stepping out without direction
• Willing and able to pitch in wherever help is needed – a team player attitude
• Competent swimmer – ability and confidence to swim in a pool with a toddler/ infant. (Family is happy to pay for lifeguard training as there is a pool in the family’s building and their toddler loves to swim)
• Infant CPR class completed in the last year (Family is happy to pay for this certification)