A caring, well-traveled family of three is seeking a Spanish-speaking, intuitive, and travel-loving rotational nanny for their 1-year-old boy!
These first-time parents travel frequently between their various residences, splitting time between NYC, Montreal, London, Barbados, Colombia, and beyond! They have grown their household staff to include a collaborative, intuitive team at each of their homes. With many moving pieces in their homes, their current nanny has established a stellar routine that their 1-year-old is thriving on. These hands-on parents deeply value open communication and collaboration with their caregivers. They are excited to find a knowledgeable, safety and hygiene-oriented candidate to join their team!
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep sense of step in and step out intuition, and able to strike a healthy balance between confident and humble. A developmentally-minded candidate who is excited to contribute their knowledge and bolster the nurturing, stimulating environment for their 1-year-old, while still leaving room for the parents to be parents will be valued! This multi-cultural family speaks both Spanish and English in the home, so being advanced in both languages is a requirement in order to communicate with the extended family and other staff members! Being tidy and hygiene-oriented will be essential as well. The family hopes for a candidate with a pitch-in mentality who can contribute to the tidiness of the home, prep healthy meals, and run occasional errands as needed. A candidate who is comfortable with working alongside other staff members and parents who are often in the home will fit right in to this family’s home environments! Lastly, a love for travel is key as this on-the-go family travels the world throughout the year! Reasonable flexibility to adjust to occasional schedule changes with advanced notice will be expected and appreciated.
This is a rotational position providing 24-hour coverage for 2-3 weeks on and 2-3 weeks off. The schedule can be subject to change depending on the needs of the family, and always agreed upon in advance. The position will be live-in during on weeks and live-out during off weeks, with private accommodations provided at each location during on weeks. The family is offering a competitive compensation in the $100k/year range and are open to discussing additional benefits such as assistance with healthcare as needed. The position will begin as soon as they find the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are fluent in Spanish. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position and is prioritizing candidates who are currently living within a short flight of NYC and Montreal. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Collaborate with parents and the other nanny to ensure consistent continuity of care
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones
- Support a varying daily schedule and become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Be proactive in communicating with parents to ensure their needs are being met
- Work seamlessly with the other nanny to ensure a seamless hand-off in the rotational schedule
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the home and child-related household duties (i.e. cleaning toys, children’s laundry, meal preparation, etc.)
- A valid passport
- A deep knowledge of developmental milestones
- 5+ years of childcare experience
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
- Step in and step out intuition
- A collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to travel frequently during your weeks on
- Flexible to adjust to schedule changes as discussed in advance
- Hygiene and safety-oriented
- A confident and gentle approach