A hard-working, devoted first-time father in Oakland Hills, CA is seeking a knowledgeable and supportive overnight newborn care specialist to care for his newborn expected in early August 2020!
This first-time parent is overjoyed to welcome his newborn to the world this year who is being born by surrogate in late summer. His baby will be born in Oklahoma where they will stay for the first several days of baby’s life before heading home to California. Their NCS will join them upon their return to Oakland for up to a 3-month contract. The father is hopeful to work with an experienced NCS who can be a support system and resource, from sleep conditioning to establishing a feeding schedule (their surrogate will be pumping breast milk and sending to CA). Being available before the birth to assist with preparations will be appreciated. The baby will have a nanny during the day, so collaborating and providing guidance to ensure continuity of care will be key as well. The father values the RIE philosophy and hopes to utilize this approach as the baby grows; RIE knowledge is not required, but would be a plus!
This is an overnight position of four or five nights per week consisting of 12-hour shifts that is live-out while off-duty. The family is flexible to collaborate on a schedule that works best for all parties. A bed will be provided in the baby’s nursery while on duty. A car is recommended for commuting to and from this position. The family is offering $30-$40/hour and is hopeful for up to a 3-month contract. The baby’s due date is August 7th, 2020!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license, and have professional working experience and training as a newborn care specialist. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Provide constant and reliable care and monitoring for the baby
- Provide assistance with sleep conditioning and establishing feeding schedules and daily routines
- Provide guidance and knowledge around developmental milestones
- Create a nurturing and safe environment for the newborn to thrive
- Provide support to the father in an approachable and open way, and collaborate with the day nanny to ensure continuity of care
- 3 years of professional working experience as a newborn care specialist
- Knowledge of every aspect of newborn care, including professional and working knowledge of feeding, bathing, and dressing infants
- Experience and knowledge surrounding sleep conditioning, establishing routines, and developmental milestones
- Certification as a newborn care specialist, preferably trained through Newborn Care Solutions or another CACHE-accredited program
- Knowledge of RIE is a plus!