A kind-hearted and bustling group of families based in Palo Alto is seeking a team of educators to plan and execute an innovative education program for a tight-knit group of early school-aged children!
This small group of families have begun to shelter-in-place together and look forward to building a creative homeschool for their collective children. The homeschool would primarily take place in Palo Alto, though will occasionally occur in Los Altos. The group of about 20 children includes ages from preschool to 2nd grade, and they are seeking a team of 4 to 5 educators to work together and implement an outdoor and child-led curriculum that is engaging, safe, and fun!
This position is ideal for a candidate who would be excited to build an education program from the ground up, to work alongside a small team of innovative educators, and to have the opportunity to safely teach in-person for the length of the school year. An educator who is team-oriented and adaptable will thrive in this role as they expect the program to shift and adapt along with the children’s interests and the development of the school as a whole. The curriculum will be largely influenced by outdoor education as well as child-led, inquiry-based learning.
This is a full-time, live-out position for the 2020 to 2021 school year consisting of 30 to 40 hours per week. The family and education team will be happy to work together to create a schedule that works for all parties, and flexibility will be appreciated. The family is offering an annual rate of $72k/year in addition to a competitive benefits package including a housing stipend, healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, and 401k contributions. The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Design curriculum and implement an inquiry-based approach to core subjects for kindergarteners
- Design a play-based and inquiry-based experience for preschoolers
- Research and coordinate extracurricular activities and specialized guest tutors
- Plan and carry out field trips and educational adventures
- Research, identify, and implement the best materials both online and offline to teach the children
- Research, develop, and implement a social/emotional learning curriculum that is age-appropriate for each child
- Document and communicate the children’s progress to the families
- Help students develop language, writing, and storytelling skills
- Create safe opportunities for children to build confidence in physical movement
- Guide children to build inquiry skills: observe, document, investigate, and problem-solve
- Ability to pass an in-depth background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field
- Experience working with children in an educational or school environment in the preschool and Kindergarten, first, or second-grade level
- Knowledge of outdoor education preferred
- Comfortable self-managing and taking direct feedback
- Flexibility to shelter-in with the families
- Team-oriented, flexible, and adaptable