A caring and collaborative family of four in Oakland, CA is seeking a team-oriented, cheerful, and enriching second nanny to care for their 3.5-year-old and 1-year-old children!
This kind, collaborative family has been working with their current nanny (an Adventure Nanny!) for 2.5 years now, and are excited to add another Adventure Nanny to the team as their children grow! The family describes their home as a comfortable environment filled with a lot of love and fun, where their two boys can continue to develop intellectually and emotionally. Their sons are both very curious, interested in exploring everything, and thrive with child-led, project-oriented learning. The family is open-minded when it comes to parenting philosophies, though have been very drawn to positive parenting and Montessori. Overall, the family deeply values togetherness and enjoys spending as much time as possible with one another, from cooking meals together to hiking together to exploring the city together, they have made sure to prioritize family time and joy in their home. The family values communication, collaboration, and open-mindedness. They are excited to welcome a second nanny to their team who can exhibit these attributes and who feels like a part of their family unit, setting their children up to grow and thrive!
This position is ideal for a candidate who loves to work on a supportive, collaborative team! As the boys are curious with a penchant for exploration and learning, the family would be thrilled to work with a candidate with an education-oriented mindset when it comes to childcare, ready to turn a trip to the park or an arts and crafts project into a learning opportunity. This may include reading, singing, chatting, and going on fun adventures! An optimistic spirit, an attentive mind, and a nurturing and loving demeanor will go a long way in this home. This home exhibits an it-takes-a-village environment, so collaboration and open communication is key! The whole family and co-nanny are excited to work together; comfortability managing both a toddler and preschool-age children at the same time, as well as tag-teaming the day providing dedicated care to one child alongside the co-nanny who will focus on with the other will be important. This is a very childcare-focused position, and additional responsibilities around household support when it comes to child-related tasks may include healthy meal prep and light tidying.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45+ hours per week with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays from 9am to 6:30pm. The family will rarely require travel or weekend coverage, though flexibility will be appreciated with advanced notice.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out. A housing stipend may be available for the perfect applicant.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $35-$40+/hour in addition to benefits including a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: While not required, ability to drive the children is preferred for this role, and a vehicle will be provided for professional use. A personal vehicle is required for commuting to/from work. This family takes COVID-19 very seriously and looks forward to adding a candidate to the team who shares in their view on appropriate safety precautions, who is comfortable minimizing exposure both while working and during their personal time.
- Provide a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Bring an educational bend to each day, providing enriching, educationally-minded activities and adventures beyond basic care
- Foster a project-oriented, child-led learning environment
- Collaborate with parents and co-nanny to ensure continuity of care
- Pitch-in with child-related household tasks including light meal prep and general tidying
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for commuting to/from work
- Proven experience working with toddlers and preschool-aged children
- Comfortability working with multiple children at a time in a role
- Comfortability collaborating with parents and co-nanny
- Educationally-minded and able to bring an educational bend to each day; background in child development/education is a big plus
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date in accordance with applicable laws, and willingness to adhere to the family’s COVID-19 safety protocols
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!