A kind-spirited, close-knit family based on the beautiful island of Kauai is seeking a team-oriented, adventure-loving, and knowledgeable private educator to join them in supporting the education of their two boys, aged 4 and 6 years old!
This active family of six is passionate about fostering community and are excited to welcome an educator who will embrace this value system while bringing their educational expertise to their home. This collaborative team of parents and nannies work together to ensure their children are growing and thriving. Their boys are energetic and curious and love activities from arts and crafts to reading to swimming. Currently, their kindergartner attends public school 10 days per month and their 4-year-old attends a Montessori school. They are looking for an educator that can work as a team to come up with the best educational solution for their boys and be with the family well past the days of COVID. The family is looking for someone who has a desire to stick with them for the long-term. Their ideal educator comes with inspiring exploration and creative activities outside traditional class time. This loving family of six also includes their 1.5-year-old and newborn baby!
A private educator who thrives in a collaborative, supportive, and versatile work environment while also skilled at being a grounded presence in a household is the ideal candidate. A core value for the family is to work together as a team. The parents, nannies, and household staff work together to make day-to-day life for the children fun and have a feeling of being an extended family. An educator with a rich education background working with Kindergarten through third graders, who is enthusiastic, proactive, and has a love for collaboration is the candidate the family is searching for. This position is designed for an educator who is equally as excited about implementing curriculum as they are about creating hands-on learning opportunities. The family lives in a beautiful Kauai, so a candidate who is excited to adapt to quiet island life (with adventures just outside the front door!) will fit in seamlessly.
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 40 hours per week, with the general schedule falling on Mondays through Fridays. Flexibility for future travel when it becomes safe to do so will be expected and appreciated.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-out, with nearby private and separate housing accommodations provided.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-$35+/hour depending on experience in addition to relocation assistance, health, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k contributions, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Facilitate children’s educational experiences, being engaged and present at all times
- Discover opportunities in the area to take the classroom outside or to other places of interest
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe learning environment for the children
- Work collaboratively with the nanny team, parents, and children’s current teachers
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the family’s environment
- Communicate regularly with the parents to ensure that the child is receiving the best education possible and goals are being met for the child
- Cook and prepare basic meals
- Be flexible and willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities as the position evolves
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare, teaching, or tutoring experience
- 1+ years of traditional classroom teaching experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an education-related field early (early childhood or elementary education preferred)
- Experience teaching Kindergarten through 3rd grade age children in a classroom, homeschool, or tutoring environment
- Confident swimmer
- Flexible and able to travel with the family throughout the year
- All hands on deck spirit
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have experience teaching in a classroom, homeschool, or tutoring environment. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!