An active, wonderful family of 4 who recently welcomed their newest member is seeking a long-term nanny to join their family in Portland, Oregon! They hope to find the perfect nanny to partner with them in supporting and providing top care for their 16-month-old and newborn daughters.
This loving and dedicated family values health and wellness and are passionate about prioritizing their family time. They love to travel, including annual trips to Japan and Hawaii! Mom works from home and is excited to partner with their nanny on day-to-day care and creating a nurturing, fun-filled environment for their curious, growing daughters. They are eager to find a collaborative, intuitive nanny who can jump into their family routines and styles while setting up their children for success!
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about a team approach and intuitive about when to jump in and when to jump out. Experience working with both infants and toddlers and a deep familiarity with developmental milestones to come will be key. A travel-ready mindset will also come in handy as this family loves adventure and travel and hope to have their nanny join them for various domestic and international trips throughout the year! The ability to pay close attention to small details and collaborate with the parents to develop best practices for their children’s growth and well-being will set up the right candidate for lasting success in this role.
This is a full-time live-out position. The schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 9 am to 6 pm. They are offering a competitive hourly rate, healthcare stipend, and the ability to grow in the position for years to come. The family has hired a night nanny to assist with the newborn and is hoping to find someone to join their family as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid US passport and driver’s license with a clean driving record. The family will be prioritizing local candidates or relocation candidates who are familiar with Portland and are looking forward to living there long-term at this time. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Child care duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, napping, and morning and evening routines
- Collaborate with Mom and Dad to check in on developmental milestones
- Create a warm, loving and safe environment for the child to grow and thrive
- Develop schedules and structure that ensure the child feels secure in their environment; family truly values routines and schedules
- Provide enriching learning and developmental experiences and activities beyond basic care
- Pitch in to the overall tidiness of the family environment and children’s areas
- Occasionally grocery shopping and preparing meals for children
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of each childhood development state and attuned to the child’s developmental needs
- Experience creating structure, discipline and schedule in a warm and caring way
- A close attention to detail and specifics
- Possess experience exhibiting discretion and loyalty while working with executive families
- A positive, can-do, team-player attitude
- Exhibit good judgment and common sense, especially concerning child’s safety and health
- Local to Portland or very familiar with the area
- Ability to commit long-term to a position and truly become part of the family
- Ability to travel occasionally with the family