An active, outgoing, and upbeat family of four is seeking the perfect travel-ready nanny to join their optimistic, creative, and loving home and care for their 2-year-old girl and a 1-year-old boy. Based in Darien, Connecticut, this family loves to work as a team and strives to include people in their lives who share the same sense of positivity and love for life.
Having just made the move out of New York City into beautiful and scenic Connecticut, this family loves to prioritize time outdoors and letting their children explore and play. While their father commutes several days of the week to the city, mom loves to work on projects and other family tasks at home. They have built their family philosophy around working together as a team and letting their children lead the way in their growth and development; a philosophy they hope their future nanny will be excited to implement and enjoy with them. The family also loves to travel throughout the year and frequently visits their favorite destinations in San Diego, CA, Boulder, CO, and Jackson, WY. They would love for their nanny to join them on their travels!
As this is a home full of positive energy and love, the perfect candidate will have a bright, energetic spirit with a sense of optimism and kindness. The family hopes to find a nanny who can combine their competency in childcare with a sense of proactiveness. Someone who is excited to work together as a team and establish a trusting relationship with both children and parents will thrive in this role. Coming up with and implementing fun and enriching activities to encourage their developmental growth will be a key element in this nanny role. As the family just moved away from the big city, spending time outdoors and exploring with their children is also appreciated! As a team member of the house, being comfortable pitching in to the general tidiness of the common areas, taking their Boston terrier on occasional walks with the kids, and running the occasional errand will be greatly appreciated as well.
This is a full-time live-in or live-out nanny position with the schedule generally falling on Tuesdays from 8 am to 6 pm, Monday/ Thursday/ Fridays from 11 am to 6 pm, and Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm. A candidate who is flexible and adaptable to the occasional schedule change will be appreciated. The family is offering $20-25/hour as well as vacation and sick days. They hope to find a candidate to join their family as soon as possible and is excited to settle in and grow with their family for a long-term position.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license. A valid US passport is preferred. The family will be prioritizing candidates who speak fluent English.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
- Interact confidently, educationally, and creatively with active and curious children
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures with an emphasis on reaching developmental milestones.
- Help foster childhood learning
- Pitching in to the overall tidiness of the family’s environment
- Run occasional errands to the grocery store or post office
- Prepare healthy lunches for the children and dinner occasionally for the family
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid US passport preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Early childhood education experience and a knowledge of developmental milestones
- Proficiency in the English language preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes
- Flexibility and ability to travel with the family
- Passionate about active, healthy lifestyles
- Positive, bright, optimistic, and energetic spirit
- Loves the outdoors and enjoys physical activities
- Willing to commit to a long-term position