A professional, dynamic, and bustling family of four are seeking an all-star household manager to join their truly exceptional home and team in Silicon Valley’s Menlo Park!
This hardworking and lively family is always on the go and has many moving pieces, including two wonderful school-aged children collaborating with their dynamic executive and household staff members. Both principals are busy professionals, and their home environment can be described as organized, professional, and action-packed, while also incredibly warm, family-oriented, caring, and relaxed. They are seeking a tech-savvy, experienced, and thoughtful candidate who values a team spirit as much as they do!
The ideal candidate for this position will be career-oriented and a jack or jill-of-all-trades. Someone who thrives in a work environment where they can wear multiple hats, take initiative, and multi-task will excel in this position! The family has put together a hardworking, proactive staff, so collaboration and a team mentality is incredibly important. Enjoying organizational projects, scheduling, and coordinating amongst the entire team is key. This role will include scheduling, administrative assistance for the principals, and day-to-day organizational tasks that help keep the home running smoothly. Managing family and household projects such as planning events, booking travel, vendor management and procurement, and coordinating activities for their children can also be expected! A candidate who enjoys working with children will feel at home in this role, as assisting with school and activity pick ups and drop offs, and helping to managing their day-to-day routines will be an important piece.
This is a full-time, live-out position with an anticipated schedule of guaranteed 45-50+ hours/week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays from 9 am to 6 pm, flexibility outside of these hours may be asked with advanced notice and appreciated. This is a non-exempt, hourly position with overtime accrued after 40 hours/week. The family is offering an annualized earning of $100-125+K/year as well as a generous benefits package including healthcare, PTO, relocation assistance (if needed) and other generous benefits. They hope to find the perfect candidate as soon as possible!
This position is open to all Magnolia Agency & Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is open to considering relocation candidates for this position but will be giving preference to candidates local to the Bay Area. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Administrative support involving scheduling, organizing, ordering supplies. This part of the position will rely heavily on the mastery of computer programs like Dropbox, email, calendaring tools, creating spreadsheets and other documents
- Taking on special projects including family errands, event planning and organizational projects with the home
- Daily childcare responsibilities to include driving to-and-from activities and ensuring the children have what is required for those activities. Some planning and coordinating for the children will also be expected
- Be detailed oriented, organized, self-starting, and possess proven time management skills
- Work confidently as a member of the team to run point and complete tasks
- Be flexible and intuitive, always willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Be process-driven, always looking for ways to streamline processes and stay 5 steps ahead
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- 5+ years full-time professional in-home experience
- An Associate’s degree or higher
- Bright, driven, proactive, and confident working both as part of a professional household team and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with multiple members of the in-home and executive staff
- Tech-savvy with a strong understanding of administrative, calendaring, and project management activities
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office products, Dropbox, and other various tech platforms
- Tactful and gracious under pressure
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and ownership in their role
- Demonstrated household management or family assisting experience
- Possess an ability to think on your feet, problem solve and ask questions
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Glowing references!
By sharing your information with Adventure Nannies, you actively consent to the terms of our updated policy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.