A friendly, heart-filled family of three in Palo Alto is seeking a Thai-speaking, gentle, and proactive nanny to nurture their inquisitive toddler and newborn expected in the summer of 2020!
This laid-back and warm family resides in the Bay Area’s southern peninsula with their 2-year-old. As an active family, they enjoy taking their family dog with them on adventures as their toddler curiously explores the outdoors. While at home, the family loves relaxing with books and music and enjoys preparing fresh, healthy meals! Their child loves learning about animals and outer space and making arts & crafts. The family is hoping to find a candidate who is patient and nurturing as their toddler tends to need a bit of extra time to warm up to new surroundings. A candidate who is able to create an inviting space for learning and play will be rewarded with smiles and engagement from their child! The family is bilingual and speaks both English and Thai in their household, and they would be overjoyed to find a candidate who is fluent in Thai.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a true passion for working with children as well as a calm and collaborative approach to childcare. Daily routines will include healthy, balanced meal preparation (while being conscious of peanut and egg allergies), transporting the child to and from preschool and other various activities, and creating activities that will promote a passion for learning. A candidate that is able to pitch in with some light tidying throughout the week and occasional errand-running will be greatly appreciated. As the family prepares to welcome their newest member, they are eager to find a candidate who also has experience caring for newborns.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and are fluent in Thai. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position should they find a great fit for their family. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Bring a tranquil, even-keeled attitude to the daily routine of the children
- Provide positive role-modeling, especially in the areas of activity and health
- Supervise children’s activities at all times – engage with and be present physically and mentally
- Promote positive behavior and good manners
- Provide enriching, age-appropriate, and developmentally-minded activities
- Prepare healthy balanced meals while being mindful of peanut and egg allergies
- Pitch in with the overall tidiness of the home, running occasional errands, and various family assisting asks as needed
- A valid driver’s license
- CPR and First-Aid certified
- 3+ years of full-time professional nanny experience
- Fluency in Thai
- Experience with newborns preferred
- Calm, professional demeanor
- Efficient, energetic, and creative personality