An upbeat family living temporarily in Washington, CT is seeking a communicative, energetic, and organized nanny to care for their two children, aged 3.5 and 1 year old!
During the pandemic, this family has been thriving in the wide open spaces of their Connecticut home in the quaint town of Washington. Their property includes lots of room for activities and enjoying the outdoors with their little french bulldog, including a beautiful pond and farm animals nearby! These bustling parents strive to infuse their children with the right values, and to keep an open-minded home full of transparent, growth-minded communication. Their two young children absolutely love arts and crafts and music. Their 3.5-year-old enjoys participating in cooking, and has an egg allergy that needs some extra care and attention. Once the pandemic subsides, the family looks forward to returning to their home in Brooklyn, likely within a year’s time at most. They are open to working with a nanny solely in Connecticut for roughly a 1-year contract, but will prioritize candidates who would be thrilled to join them back to the city in a live-out capacity; a great opportunity for a candidate looking to relocate to the NYC/tri-state area in the long run, as temporarily housing will be offered while apartment hunting!
This position is ideal for a candidate who is organized and thoughtful, as well as energetic and loves to play outside with the kids. The family is taking COVID precautions seriously, as a member of the family is at risk and not able to be vaccinated, and they are seeking a candidate who is willing to mirror their safety protocols. Both parents work from home at the moment, though are eager to provide their nanny with autonomy; their work environment will be a great match for a nanny who values open communication and has an all-hands-on-deck spirit. As their oldest child has a rather severe egg allergy, being conscientious while preparing meals for the children (typically with a pre-provided meal kit) will be very important. The family will be happy to train on this as well. They are seeking an excellent teammate in their home who is passionate about early childhood age ranges and can create an enriching environment for their growing children!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 45-50 hours per week, with the general schedule falling on Monday through Friday between 9am-6:30pm.
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-in while in Connecticut. Accommodations include fully independent guest quarters with a living area, bedroom, and kitchen in a completely separate wing of the family’s home. The position will transition to live-out should the candidate wish to join them to NYC. They will be happy to assist with temporary housing until permanent housing is secured if so.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering an hourly rate of $32-$36/hour depending on experience while living in Connecticut. Rate to increase if moving with family back to New York, accounting for overtime when transitioning to a live-out role. Additional benefits include a healthcare stipend, relocation assistance, and PTO.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit, ideally by July 2021!
- Other Notes: The family is open to discussing either a minimum temporary contract while they are in Connecticut, or extending this into a long-term role should their perfect candidate be interested in relocating back to NYC with them.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Collaborate with parents to ensure continuity of care
- Research and engage in fun-filled, inspiring, developmentally-minded activities beyond basic care
- Prepare meals for the children (usually with a meal kit), keeping in mind a severe egg allergy
- Pitch-in with various household and assisting tasks to ensure the home runs smoothly, including light tidying, grocery shopping, stocking children’s supplies, organizing closets and toys, etc.
- Travel with the family on occasion as it is safe to do so
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license is a strong plus
- Recent, applicable experience caring for infants and preschool-aged children
- Collaborative and an excellent communicator/team player
- An upbeat and loving approach to childcare
- Organized and proactive to maintain the overall tidiness of the home together
- Willingness to mirror the family’s COVID safety protocols
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, and possess a valid driver’s license. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!