A busy and down to earth family of four on the Upper East Side is looking for a reliable and flexible family assistant/housekeeper/nanny to start in early October. The schedule will be Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm.
The perfect person will be an all-star at running a household and happy to manage the procurement of groceries and household inventory, prepare meals for the whole family, do family laundry, keep the home neat and organized, arrange for and greet vendors, and assist with anything else assigned by the principals. The family employs a housekeeper that comes 3x a week and this position will not require deep cleaning.
The family has two girls ages 8 and 11 and you may occasionally be asked to run for an after school pick up and provide coverage in the afternoons and evenings. The family has a nanny that provides coverage on the weekend and you will work in tandem with that person to make sure the family has full coverage in the house and with their girls.
This position is starting at $25/hr and will provide the opportunity to grow that compensation figure. The family will also be providing typical benefits including paid time off, a health care stipend, and a metro card. This position is open to all candidates local to NYC who are legally able to work in the United States.
– Ensure the household is running smoothly at all times, working in the home Monday-Friday 8:30am-5: 30 pm
– Procure groceries, household inventory, and run other errands as assigned
– Meal prep for the entire family, including the girls when possible, and using healthy, organic whole foods as much as possible
– Make beds, maintain tidiness of the entire home, do family laundry, and work with housecleaners to make sure the home is up to standard
– Arrange for and greet vendors at the home, bring in packages, mail packages
– Occasionally help with the after-school pickup and provide coverage for two elementary age girls
– Extremely reliable and flexible
– Experience running a household in New York City
– Fun and engaging with the children
– Comfortable preparing meals for the entire family
– A driver’s license would be a bonus