An upbeat, travel-loving family based in Napa, CA is seeking a positive, kind-hearted, and infant-savvy nanny to care for their 2-month-old baby boy!
These first-time parents describe their family as fun, friendly, and caring; they love to entertain and are always excited to spend time with family and friends. They travel to Italy frequently throughout the year and are exceptionally passionate about the Italian language and culture! They try to spend months at a time in Italy whenever possible and try to only speak Italian while there; they’re excited to raise their baby to speak the language with them. As first time parents they are loving getting to know the newest member of their family and have appreciated temporary newborn care while he settles into his new home. They are excited to welcome an infant-savvy nanny to their family of four, and their little Yorkie pup!
This position is ideal for a candidate who has a true passion for working with infants, and exudes that positivity and experience when with them! As first time parents, mom and dad are excited to work with a nanny who can provide safety-minded, developmental care, and can be a resource for them as he grows. They appreciate working with people who are confident and outgoing with a positive spirit, who can also step aside and support the home so mom and dad can enjoy quality time with their son. Pitching in with household tasks will be appreciated, from tidying the common areas and assisting with baby’s laundry, to meal prep and light pet care for their small sweet dog, and more. While the family would love to work with a nanny who is fluent in Italian and can provide an immersive language experience, they will also be excited to work with someone who is eager to learn alongside their son as he grows and can be just as passionate about the language and travel as they are! An infant-savvy nanny who is excited to travel, has a positive-minded spirit, and enjoys flexing and adapting to adjust to a growing infant’s ever-changing schedules and development will thrive in this role for years to come!
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, guaranteeing 50+ hours/week with the general schedule falling Monday through Friday from 7am-7pm. Flexibility for evenings, weekends, and extended travel will be asked and appreciated!
- Live-in/Live-out: Live-on the family’s property. Accommodations include a separate guest house on the family’s property.
- Compensation and Benefits: The family is offering $30-35+/hr or comparable annualized earnings of $82-100+k/year depending on experience based on a 50+ hour/week schedule. Benefits like health and dental insurance, PTO, relocation assistance, and personal use of the family’s vehicle if needed will be provided.
- Start Date: The position will begin as soon as the family finds the perfect fit!
- Other Notes: Driving is required for this role and a vehicle will be provided for both professional and personal use if required.
- Create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the baby to thrive
- Provide safety-conscious, developmentally-minded care, engaging baby in creative, age-appropriate activities
- Provide household and family assisting support as needed including light meal prep, general tidying, baby’s laundry, light pet care, and more
- Travel with the family frequently throughout the year, sometimes for months at a time
- Become an asset to the family when traveling or spending time with family and friends
- Assist with establishing solid sleep and feeding routines for a growing infant
- At least 3 years of professional, full-time childcare experience
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Recent, applicable experience working with newborns and infants
- Strong understanding of infant’s developmental milestones, with an emphasis on the first year of growth
- Travel-ready and excited to accompany the family on international trips, sometimes for months at a time
- Fluency in Italian and/or Spanish is a big plus though not required
- Candidates with some knowledge Italian and/or Spanish will be prioritized, though the family will be happy to work with a candidate who’s excited to learn the language alongside their son
- Developmentally-minded and safety-conscious brand of care
- Dog friendly!
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have recent, applicable experience caring for newborns and infants. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!