A loving, on-the-go family based in San Francisco is embarking on a year of travel with their 3 and 1-year-old children, and are seeking a reliable, kind, and adventure-ready nanny to join them!
Based in San Francisco proper, this adventurous family is planning for an exciting year of travel! Over the next year they plan on spending months at a time in the Bay Area, Hawaii and beyond. Their 3-year-old is highly verbal with a sense of humor and attends school part-time while their nearly 1-year-old is just coming into his jolly personality. They are hopeful to find a safety-conscious, fun-loving, and proactive nanny with a genuine love for working with children to join their team.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is ready for a year of adventure, has a go-with-the-flow attitude, and is educationally-minded. The family is excited to find a nanny who will be 100% engaged with their children throughout the day, supplementing their education with enriching activities, and being a supportive rock for both the kids and the family as a whole. A candidate with a love for travel and the outdoors will feel right at home in this role (a passion for skiing, swimming, and/or surfing will come in handy)! The family’s household team includes a housekeeper, family assistant and an all-hands on deck attitude including pitching in with light tidying and child-related household duties will be valued and appreciated. This truly wonderful career opportunity will be perfect for a candidate who is ready to be engaged, proactive, organized, and collaborative when working with this family and staff.
This is a full-time, live-in position with a schedule of 40-50 hours per week. The general schedule will fall on Mondays through Fridays between 8am to 6pm, with flexibility for extended travel required. The family is offering $38-42+/hour with frequent opportunities for overtime and travel, in addition to health, dental, and vision insurance, and PTO. Driving will be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided while on duty. The position will begin as soon as they find the perfect fit, and the family is hopeful for a 1-year contract with the potential to extend.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. Candidates with an Associate’s degree or higher will be prioritized. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the children to grow and thrive
- Supervise children’s activities, engage with and be present physically and mentally
- Plan enriching, developmentally-minded activities and support a varying daily schedule
- Assist with the children’s daily routines
- Travel with the family to each location throughout the year
- Prepare meals for the children
- Work with the parents to provide loving and consistent care
- 3+ years of professional, full-time childcare or teaching experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport preferred
- Professional, working experience traveling with families as a nanny
- Love for the outdoors and outdoor activities (surfing, skiing, and swimming skills are all big pluses!)
- Educationally-minded; a background in childhood education is a big plus
- Experience in a staffed home is a plus