A fun-loving, active family near Philadelphia, PA is seeking a travel-ready, flexible, and intuitive nanny to care for their soon-to-be newborn who is expected in early August!
Based just outside of Philadelphia in Bryn Mawr, PA, this bustling and inclusive family team has a fully-staffed home and 4 sweet dogs. The family has fostered a fun-loving yet laid-back environment in their household and enjoy partaking in many activities. When it is safe to do so, the family travels as much as they can! They are excited to welcome a newborn into their big, loving home and look forward to welcoming a warm, caring nanny for the journey ahead. The family also has a 14-year-old who lives with them part-time and has a nanny dedicated to her care, so this role is focused exclusively around the newborn (although someone with a team-player mentality and comfort working with other members of household staff will be a key component of this role.)
This position is ideal for a candidate who has a true collaborative spirit and values being a welcomed addition to a family’s household and team. With many moving pieces in their home, flexibility and a sense of intuition to step in and assist or step out and give the parents family time will be very appreciated. The family’s schedule varies from day to day, and extensive travel can be expected, so flexibility is key. Both parents are excited to work with a candidate who can be a true pillar of support when it comes to their newborn, able to jump in and take the reins when needed, and who would be excited to join their family for the first formative years of their baby’s life. Assisting with various baby-related tasks such as running errands and scheduling appointments will be appreciated.
This is a full-time, live-in position guaranteeing 40-50 hours/week with a varying schedule that will be determined with advanced notice. Flexibility is key, and the family is happy to work with the candidate to establish a schedule in advance that works well for all parties. Accommodations include a fully-furnished private bedroom with an ensuite bath and walk-in closet in the family’s home. The family is offering an hourly rate that equates to an annualized earning potential of $85-120k/year dependent on experience in addition to health, dental, and vision insurance and PTO. Driving may be required for this role and a vehicle will be provided if so. The family hopes to have their candidate begin in early August 2020.
This position is open to all Adventure Nannies candidates who are legally able to work in the US and possess a valid driver’s license and passport. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Create a warm, loving, and safe environment for the child/children to grow and thrive
- Provide overnight and primary care as needed
- Assist with daily routines including sleeping, feeding, and bathing
- Engage baby in creative, age-appropriate, developmental activities
- Travel with the family as needed throughout the year
- Pitch in to various baby-related assisting tasks including scheduling appointments and running errands
- Collaborate with the parents and household staff to provide loving and consistent care
- A valid driver’s license and passport
- A deep sense of step in and step out intuition
- Ultimate flexibility to adjust to varying schedules and travel with the family as needed
- A history of longevity in a similar role
- Newborn experience preferred
- Experience traveling with families preferred
- A true team mentality (experience working in a fully staffed home is a huge plus!)