An on-the-go, adventurous family is seeking a joyful, flexible, and travel-ready private educator for their 3 school-aged girls!
This family travels frequently for both work and pleasure and are eager to provide their children with interactive, one-on-one education. At 12, 8, and 5 years old, each of them loves to learn in their own individual way! The family has an appreciation for the Montessori philosophy wherein their children can feel empowered to learn through their interests and at their own pace. The whole family hopes to find a private educator who can tailor curriculum, activities, and fun-filled experiences for their children to enhance their growth as students and individuals, both at home and on the road. This ‘fall’ semester the family will be traveling around the US, and will be traveling the world for the following ‘spring’ semester!
The ideal candidate for this position will be enthusiastic and ready for an adventure! As the family travels frequently both internationally and domestically, they hope for a private educator who can collaborate with them in creating a curriculum that is designed to utilize each location and enhance their children’s experiences and education. Planning field trips, building curriculum, and setting up a schedule and routine tailored towards each child both at home and while traveling will be at the heart of this role. The family would love for their girls to be exposed to as many experiences and creativity as they can; candidates with an appreciation for music, the arts, and foreign language knowledge (such as Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, or French), will thrive in this position! This is a purely educational role, however being a positive role model, helping the girls feel empowered, and tidying up the ‘classroom’ will be very important as well.
This is a full-time, live-out position of 40 to 50 hours per week. The general schedule will be outlined with advanced notice depending on the family’s schedule and travel itineraries. The family is offering $40+/hour and are open to discussing benefits such as assistance with health care, PTO, and sick days. A vehicle will be provided while on duty if necessary, and all accommodations will be taken care of by the family while traveling.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and have a background in education. This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this position. Out of respect for the privacy of the families we work with, we cannot provide any additional information about this position other than what has already been provided in the job description. If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply!
- Research, develop, and implement creative, fun, and individualized curriculum
- Research destinations and plan educational enriching field trips and experiences
- Provide enriching experiences and activities utilizing music, art, and the world around beyond basic care
- Be open to discovering educational opportunities as your days and weeks unfold
- Develop a structured while fluid and supportive environment
- Provide reports to parents on their child’s progress
- Travel internationally and domestically with the family
- Be an inspiring and empowering role model for the children
- Keep the ‘classroom’ tidy
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Curriculum planning, early childhood education, classroom, or tutoring experience required
- A genuine love of learning and desire to make a lasting impact on a child’s life
- A genuine passion for childhood development and proactive attitude in researching education methods
- Foreign language knowledge a huge plus (especially Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish or French)!
- An appreciation for the arts, music, and other cultures
- An appreciation for the Montessori philosophy or child-led education
- Flexible to travel frequently for extended periods of time
- A joyful, engaging, and positive spirit